“Great first time on a horse!”

Teton Village Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Teton Village Trail Rides provides beautiful guided horseback rides in Teton Village, Wyoming. Children and adults alike can enjoy gentle horses and beautiful scenery. All trail rides are guided by cowboys. Less than a 20 minute drive from downtown Jackson, Teton Village offers multiple other adventure options,and is a great destination for families.
Grafton, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great first time on a horse!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We visited June 23rd. We were lucky because a large group went right ahead of us so we got to go on a one hour trail ride with just our family of 4. Colton was a great guide, and gave us a little insight into the psyche of a horse to file away for our next ride. This I would think was better than your average trail ride because the trail involved climbing some fairly steep slopes that ended up providing some excellent views. Make sure to look at the photos they offer. We ended up getting 65 images for around $50 on a disk. These were far and away the most candid and best family photos we have of our vacation. The quality of the images is so high that I'm going to print one of these out poster size and frame for our home. The staff was great.

1 Thank Goliath209

Denver, Colorado
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great ride and chuckwagon breakfast”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We did a horseback ride one day and the chuckwagon breakfast the next. To do it again I would totally combine the two however two rides (the latter being in the wagon) were on two different trails so that part was a plus. We had a wonderful wranglers who gave us lots of history and fun storytelling (on the wagon). This part of the trip was THE hit with our kids.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank LoquaciousColorado
Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and safe for the whole family!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful time riding here! The horses did their job well, and as inexperienced riders, we had a great time!

1 Thank Dodge333
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Two Hour Gentle Trail Ride”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I rode Jigsaw with my group of four. We had two other riders on our ride. The horses are very calm and just follow each other. We moved at a steady pace, but never did any trotting or galloping, which I do live when I get a chance. Our group and guide was very peaceful and we got to really enjoy the ride and the scenery.

Jigsaw was a great horse, and actually the one I picked when we arrived, so was surprised when I was matched by guide. Photos for a family of four were very inexpensive and offer a better view than all the photos I took on the ride.

Had a great time and wished we were staying longer so we could ride again.

1 Thank SoniaMac
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Watch OUT!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Carrie at the front very nice, BUT watch out the tour guides lose control of there horses and then blame the riders for there mistakes even thought the riders are little kids. Our family of 7 were on a perfectly good trail ride, Colton told out 6 year old how to get the horse to get ahead by giving him a kick. He gave these directions over and over. The horse then began to trot fast. I (the dad) had to yell multiple times to pull back but the horses were in a frenzy and led my other sons horse to trot as well. The kids and us the parents were of course terrified. Instead of admitting his mistake Colton, told his manager Danny that the boys were purposely trotting the horses. I am a very cautious DAD and PHYSICIAN and actually visited Teton Village Trail Rides 4 years ago when similar party went on the trip and one of the Adults got thrown off the horse when coming into the Coral just like us. I actually had to help the person that fell off being a Physician. Danny's customer service is aweful and believing the story of his employee over ours b/c he was trying to save his job is out right ridiculous. They truely know how to ruin a family vacation. Please never use this service ever.

7 Thank Milan S