“Two Hour Gentle Trail Ride”

Teton Village Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Teton Village Trail Rides provides beautiful guided horseback rides in Teton Village, Wyoming. Children and adults alike can enjoy gentle horses and beautiful scenery. All trail rides are guided by cowboys. Less than a 20 minute drive from downtown Jackson, Teton Village offers multiple other adventure options,and is a great destination for families.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I rode Jigsaw with my group of four. We had two other riders on our ride. The horses are very calm and just follow each other. We moved at a steady pace, but never did any trotting or galloping, which I do live when I get a chance. Our group and guide was very peaceful and we got to really enjoy the ride and the scenery.

Jigsaw was a great horse, and actually the one I picked when we arrived, so was surprised when I was matched by guide. Photos for a family of four were very inexpensive and offer a better view than all the photos I took on the ride.

Had a great time and wished we were staying longer so we could ride again.

1  Thank SoniaMac

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Carrie at the front very nice, BUT watch out the tour guides lose control of there horses and then blame the riders for there mistakes even thought the riders are little kids. Our family of 7 were on a perfectly good trail ride, Colton told out 6 year old how to get the horse to get ahead by giving him a kick. He gave these directions over and over. The horse then began to trot fast. I (the dad) had to yell multiple times to pull back but the horses were in a frenzy and led my other sons horse to trot as well. The kids and us the parents were of course terrified. Instead of admitting his mistake Colton, told his manager Danny that the boys were purposely trotting the horses. I am a very cautious DAD and PHYSICIAN and actually visited Teton Village Trail Rides 4 years ago when similar party went on the trip and one of the Adults got thrown off the horse when coming into the Coral just like us. I actually had to help the person that fell off being a Physician. Danny's customer service is aweful and believing the story of his employee over ours b/c he was trying to save his job is out right ridiculous. They truely know how to ruin a family vacation. Please never use this service ever.

7  Thank Milan S
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The ride was beautiful and the people were very friendly. However, this outfit does not offer helmets. Not sure if that is standard practice in WY, but I have always worn helmets on the 5 trail rides I have done in other states. Moreover, there was only one wrangler in the lead, and no one at the end, so we had to stop frequently to make sure everyone caught up. My horse got a little fidgety at the stops. We had a blast but these safety issues should be addressed.

3  Thank hillcountry123
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We did a 2 hour trail ride with our guide Garrett. It was my new fiancé's first time on a horse. He was nervous but the staff made him feel comfortable and by the end he was having a great time. The views were great, the first hour was mountain and the second hour was prairie. Our horses were tame and friendly, and our guide was fun and full of stories and info about horses.

2  Thank TheBusyVacationista
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My sister, brother-in-law, and I did a one hour guided trail ride here on 8/28/13. Very fun. The group was small and the ride went a short ways up a mountain trail. We saw deer and a "yellow" bear off the trail, but very close by. The views were gorgeous and our guide checked on the riders often so everyone was comfortable. The horses were all well-behaved, too. We really enjoyed riding with these guys! Do it if you're in the area!

1  Thank drdavis4