“WONDERFUL FOOD, WONDERFUL SERVICE, WONDERFUL VIEWS!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpenrose at the Alpenhof Lodge

Alpenrose at the Alpenhof Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenrose at the Alpenhof Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 27 Restaurants in Teton Village
Cuisines: European, American, German, Swiss
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The Jackson Start bus stop is directly opposite the Alpenhof.
Kirkland, Washington
“WONDERFUL FOOD, WONDERFUL SERVICE, WONDERFUL VIEWS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I saw a sample menu from this restaurant and we decided to go here simply from the menu choices. What a great decision we made! The restaraunt is located in the hotel and offers beautiful views of the mountains. The dining room is cozy with a colorful flower motif. The food is awesome and we send compliments to the chef for not only the delicious tastes, but the presentation is terrific. Our server, JesiAnn is very friendly, very attentive, and very creative (thank you!) in making us a dessert. We enjoyed this dining experience very much!!!! D & H, Seattle, Wa.

• Visited June 2011

Omaha, NE
“Actual menu was very limited, not the menu listed in the JH dining guide”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

We went for lunch because I wanted the Swiss Mountaineer's Lunch; soup, bread, meat, and cheese that is listed in the Jackson Restaurant Guide. When we arrived, the menu was limited, less than ten (10) choices. The $5 brat and beer was good, but it wasn't what I wanted. I'd suggest calling before you trek to Mountain Village from Jackson just to have lunch at the Alpenhof Bar & Bistro to insure they are serving the food that you want.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Istanbul, Turkey
“Only one thing to say: Triple Decker Grilled Ham and Cheese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

Whether you're staying at the Alpenhof or not, be sure to head to the Bistro if you're feeling hungry for lunch after a long morning on the slopes. The Triple Decker Grilled Ham and Cheese is absolutely incredible and really hits the spot for hungry skiers. You can ski right up to it, enjoy a quick and affordable meal, and then be right back on the slopes.

New York, NY
“Avoid until they replace the chef”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

I wasn't sure it was even possible to mess up something simple as fondue but they managed to. The cheese fondue was basically melted cheese - no flavor of wine or kirsch liqueur. I was tempted to order an extra glass of white to pour into it myself. The beef broth in the fondue Chinoise was flavorless and undersalted leaving one with the impression the beef was boiled in plain water. I dunked a chunk of bread to taste the broth and it was insipid. The dipping sauces did little to compensate.

I also noticed that this is the only spot in Teton Village that is empty at 8:30 at night when everywhere else is packed. The moment I walked in I should have noticed this and gone elsewhere.

• Visited March 2011
“Horrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

My husband and I have gone to the Alpenhof every year for new years eve fondue with about 6 other couples, and after this year will NEVER go again! The service was absolutely horrible. After multiple times of asking for silver ware and napkins we finally received them when our dinner was through. They also have a new chef who has no clue how to make fondue. It was disgusting. We even made the manager( who was about as helpful as our clueless waitress) taste it and even she said it was bad! But they still never took it off our bill. I will never recommend this place to anyone!!! It ruined my night. I can't even go in to detail how bad the whole experience really was!!