“Best in Jackson area.”

Mangy Moose Restaurant and Saloon
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Teton Village
Transit: Local bus stop located 500 feet from entrance.
Description: One of the best DINNER options in Jackson Hole? We think so! Since joining the Mangy Moose in May, 2015, Executive Chef, Seth Nelson has created a really great menu using locally sourced meat and game, (grass fed, no hormones or antibiotics), delicious appetizers and deserts. (Try the "Jackson Holes" - warm, house made doughnut holes with vanilla ice cream and huckleberry sauce.) Our General Manager, Ari Borshell has been with us since 1991 and he and the Moose team will do everything possible to make sure you have a great experlience at the Mangy Moose. When you visit us, you will find friendly staff, reasonable prices, and delicious food for the entire family. BREAKFAST options include eggs through yogurt items. A delicious selection of salads, San which espouses and burgers are on our lunch menu. Also, hand tossed pizza is available on our Saloon menu. We have a GROCERY store and WINE shop, (over 325 labels), GIFT SHOPS and LIVE MUSIC on our stage. We are very proud that since 1967 the Mangy Moose continues to be such a popular destination on any to visit to Jackson Hole.
“Best in Jackson area.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Year after year the Mangy Moose serves up fabulous dinners, great breakfasts, and now some of the most interesting and tasteful Mexican lunches you'll find in N. America. 5 stars for taste, service, drinks and scenery.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Average”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I'll admit I don't often go outside the norm when eating at a new place. I stick with what I know. Burgers.

I had a bacon burger and it was OK at best. It was clearly a frozen preformed patty before thrown on the grill. It wasn't anything special, but it wasn't terrible either. Just average. Higher priced than I'd like but you're paying through the nose anywhere you go that's a tourist trap.

My daughter had cheese pizza and she wasn't impressed but still ate it since we were in a rush in the morning and neglected breakfast.

Dewey, Arizona
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We did breakfast and dinner here. Loved the food. The salmon was one of the best I have ever eaten. I highly recommend going here for breakfast of dinner.

Visited June 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Be prepared for a wait - a very long wait. It took 1 hour to get our food. We did not order anything fancy. Pizza, ceasar salad with grilled salmon and another salad. When we asked to speak to a manager, Ari ( I assume an assistant manager), told me that they were busy. It was a Monday - 9pm - and the place was far from full. When the other head manager came out - Kevin - he said that the order was fulfilled in 29 minutes - that their goal was to provide orders within a 25 min to 30 min window and he had a time stamped ticket to prove it. Clearly, they are gaming the system. He did offer to give us a 50% discount off the pizza - but only after we demanded either complemetnary dinners or complementary drinks (4 people had 4 drinks total - 3 beers and 1 wine). They have a captive group of customers since there are few choices. So if you go, be prepared to wait. And the food? As I said - they have a captive group of customers.

• Visited July 2014
DYoder, Owner at Mangy Moose Restaurant and Saloon, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We too are disappointed! We certainly do not manipulate our point of sale computers. Our kitchens prepare meals as quickly as possible and we serve hundreds of meals every day. I have spoken with both managers on duty about this incident. The customer came into the Dining Room Host Station from our outside deck area while our General Manager was busy speaking with other customers. The customer interrupted him by grabbing his arm firmly and demanded a free round of drinks or free pizza or she "would give us one star on Trip Advisor". (She did apologize for grabbing his arm). Our GM told me this was a first in his 24 years of service at the Mangy Moose.
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Casual and Convenient Dining”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was my third time at The Mangy Moose. I always enjoy dining here because you can find appealing small and large dishes on the menu. They don't care if you are just grabbing a quick bite. The cocktails are inventive, the service very, very helpful and the desserts unique. If you have children, this is a child friendly spot. If you don't like having lots of children around - this is not the place for you.We had a vegan at our table and the waiter worked with him to find a bizarre vegan sauce-free pizza concoction - and it was tasty.

• Visited June 2014