“At Home in the Tetons”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Like every Four Seasons we’ve ever been to, the Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole is a wonderful property. The hotel is beautifully designed, tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished. The roaring fireplace in the lobby and the Western decor add to the charm and make you feel instantly “at home.”

We had a Premier Room with a view of the mountain and ski lift. The room was not huge, but it was so well laid out and every space was so well utilized that it felt bigger than it was - the balcony with a view of the mountain the valley was an added bonus we really enjoyed. We really appreciated the great walk-in closet too - there was room for both of us to unpack and close off the space so that we didn’t have to look at our clothes and suitcases. As with most Four Seasons properties, the bathroom was also worth writing home about - it was beautiful and very well designed.

One other point about the views: we reserved a mountain view Premier Room after reading TripAdvisor reviews that some valley views looked over the parking lot. After spending four days at the hotel, it appeared to us that there were likely some valley view rooms with nice views and that not all views on the front of the building are bad - we think it depends more on what floor and what end of the building you’re on.

Four Seasons is famous for its service and this hotel did not disappoint. Everyone from the concierge to the doorman and restaurant staff to spa employees were warm and friendly. We particularly enjoyed talking with the concierges: both Reanna and Carrie offered helpful, friendly advice with a laidback demeanor that seemed fitting for a mountain resort.

In addition to a very nice restaurant and lobby lounge, we really enjoyed the spa and used it every day. We both had facials on our first day and while they were nice enough, they were not as outstanding as the facilities themselves. The spa has a workout room, two outdoor pools and separate men’s and women’s areas with steam rooms, whirlpools and relaxation rooms. After a long day in the car, it was great to use the steam room and whirlpool and then relax in the gentlemen’s lounge.

It’s hard to talk about this hotel without talking about its location: you’re not in Jackson, but in Teton Village - a 20-minute ride from downtown Jackson. Teton Village is not a “Village” in the way other resorts (e.g. Whistler) are, with pedestrian walking zones, shops, restaurants, etc. The streets are designed for cars and there are no real sidewalks or pedestrian zones. That, and the fact that there were no stores open, and few restaurants, was a disappointment (we were there in the off season). The more we thought about it, however, the more we realized that it is really about the great outdoors when you visit here. This is a place focused on what nature made, not what man made. With the awesome Grand Tetons and amazing Yellowstone National Park in the neighborhood, you’re not going to want to stay in the merely so-so Village anyway.

So, if you’re going to this resort expecting to be in the middle of the action, understand that’s probably only the case in season. Note that off season means off season: the bars and restaurants close early in the hotel and some restaurants in town and the local area aren’t open at all. That said, off season can be really enjoyable. The rates are lower, the hotel and area is much less crowded and it’s easier to relax and enjoy yourself in what is apparently a very crowded place in season.

Whenever you go, we bet you’ll enjoy yourself. This is a beautiful part of the country and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJPBAF

Reviewed May 23, 2008

My husband & I just returned from Jackson Hole-the hotel was fab-we had a deluxe room which was very spacious. We had a gas fireplace & balcony with 2 chairs & a window which you can open. The bed once very comfortable & the bathroom had a separate tub & shower. The room was very clean, you have a empty refrig( which can be stocked if you wish) & a coffee maker. The food at the hotel was excellant but on the price side. The only real downer was they charge $22.00/day for parking which we were not informed until we got our bill.
Jackson Hole is the gateway for Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National parks. The mountains are surreal & there are plenty of wildlife to see. Jackson is known for their restaurant & it is hard to find a bad one. Some of the best we eat at are Nora's fish Creek Inn in Wilson, the Granary, Sweetwater, Shades Cafe & Pica's. We went to both national parks,my husband went fly fishing down the Snake River & we really enjoyed horse-back riding on the Spring Creek ranch. If anyone would like more info I would be more an happy to help--we can not wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susan c
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Stayed here for five days in May. I can not say enough about the service at this resort. As another reviewer said, "I am spoiled for life!" The valet, front desk, maid service, room service-top notch. Kate in the spa gave the best facial. The lobby bar was a great place to relax for a drink. Our son loved the pool table in the kids room. This is probably the nicest hotel room we've ever stayed in....it was very spacious, an incredible bathroom. I would stay there again in a hearbeat-in fact, we're already making plans for the fall!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2008

My extended family and I made a trip to the Four Seasons in Jackson Hole for 10 days during the week of New Years in 2007. Wow. As the trip planner in our family, I knew I had made the right decision as soon as we pulled onto the heated driveway under the beautiful porte cochere and were greeted by friendly valet guys in cowboy hats.

First of all, the surrounding area is stunning. As soon as you step off of the plane in the small town of Jackson, you're greeted with breathtaking views of the Grand Tetons. These continue all the way to the hotel. I'm sure the summer views are just as impressive as the winter ones.

The lobby is very warmly and tastefully done. It's certainly obvious that you're in a 5-star hotel, but it's not pretentious or stuffy. It feels comfortable, almost like a large living room in a very snazzy mountain home.

My immediate family of 5 was lucky to get a beautiful 3-bedroom suite during our stay. It was very well-equipped and spacious, with marble-
fitted ensuite bathrooms with all the bedrooms, several balconies with awesome views of the slopes, a professional kitchen, a fireplace, and plenty of closet and storage space. The furnishings and decor, like the lobby, were very well-done, but comfortable and welcoming.

Other members of our family had junior suites and various other types of rooms, all of which were of similar high quality.

The food is delicious (albeit expensive), especially the extravagant New Years Eve meal. Foie gras, beef tenderloin, champagne, the works. Even the Peak, the casual slope-side restaurant, is quite tasty. The ski valet is also wonderful when you come in for lunch.

All in all, a fantastic vacation at a great hotel!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank tb921
Reviewed May 10, 2008

I had a 5 night stay at Four Seasons Jackson Hole in March. I stayed at a Premium Room facing the mountains. The view itself is spectacular looking over the whole Jackson ski resort and the gondolas are right outside of my window. The room itself is a bit small however, I did expect something a bit better than that at a 850 nightly rate (there's no free wireless and no water bottles in the room)
Service is good,most staffs are friendly and helpful, but more professional than personal. However the cleaning service is not stable. They either come very early or come very late or just not show up at all. My shower flooded since day 1, and they didn't fix the problem even though I took it down to the front desk twice.
This is a truly ski in ski out resort and has a base camp that help skiers which is really helpful but they're sort of always busy down there and sometimes you need to wait awhile to get help (not exactly the Four Seasons standard I expect). They unfortunately didn't have ski equipment rental for shorter people either so I have to go next door for rental. I think the service at base camp can be improved, some staffs don't look too friendly (too hectic there maybe?), but Jeff was really really nice and helped me out on everything.
Food at West Bank Grill and The Peak are alright, good but not superb. However, the sushi served in the lobby was delicious.
Spa and pool services are all very good, got two massages during my stay and both are nice.
All in all, the best thing about this hotel is its location for skiing in the winter. I don't think I'd stay here if I come back in the summer, service can be improved. But I will come back in the winter though, for the great location. I want to thank Deborah at the front desk, she's such a sweetheart and helped me out a lot during my stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2008

My family just returned from a week's trip to the Four Season Jackson Hole. I cannot say enough nice things about it. The convenience to the slopes alone, makes it worth every penny. With 2 young children, it was so wonderful to have the ski concierges have your skis ready every day, and take them from you at the end of the day. It was a very short walk from the hotel over to the Ski School for the kids. I would highly recommend the Ski School for children. Both my kids had a great time and improved greatly.

The highlight of the trip for my kids was the heated pool and hot tub at the end of the day. What a treat to be sitting in the hot tub with a cocktail at 4:00 at the end of a hard ski day, while watching the last of the skiers make their way down the mountain. The kids had hot chocolate and s'mores, and the water in the pool was warm enough for them. The attendants around the pool came running over every time one of us would get out of the pool or hot tub, with warm towels or robes. We'll never have it this good again!

Like other reviewers, we liked the Peaks better than West Bank Grille restaurant. We actually liked the room service menu a lot, and ordered breakfast every day before skiing. My only recommendation is to place your order the night before. You could tell it was busy in the morning, and our breakfast order was sometimes a bit late and we had to rush to get to ski school on time.

We used the game room at night with the kids, which had a TV, pool and foosball tables, and the ability to play video games. Good for a quick visit before turning in. The rooms themselves were very spacious and comfortable. The closets were big, and we had plenty of room for all of our bulky winter clothes.

While the food is expensive, if you can splurge on this place, do it. You won't be disappointed. Again, the proximity to the slopes and the service you will receive at the ski concierge make it so worthwhile. One last tip: if you can, have the hotel arrange for a ski guide from the Mountain School to take you skiing. We were given Chris Leveroni for a few days, and he was fantastic. We highly recommend him.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank guej
Reviewed February 9, 2008

We spent three nights at the Four seasons in May and had a very relaxing luxurious getaway.The rates were off-season and we had a beautiful suite with a mountainside view. The room furnishings were western in theme but not overdone,the bathroom was enormous and had every possible amenity.The breakfast service was excellent ,the spa area does not disappoint and the overall atmosphere is one of understated good taste and luxury.We were minutes away from the entrance to the National park and enjoyed early morning sightings of Moose,bison,elk,deer,pronghorns,and hawks.The area around Jackson has some beautiful scenery and we can't wait to return for a ski vacation.This is a perfect place to reconnect with a loved one,or have a family reunion.The Four Seasons in in off season is a top vacation destination.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Snake River Lodge and Spa
#4 of 7 in Teton Village
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!