“Fantastic family stay”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We checked in for two nights to visit the Grand Tetons and also to visit Jackson after a 5 day stay in Yelllowstone Park. We reserved a regular room but were upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite for the two night stay without any additional costs. This was the first time we stayed at a Four Seasons but we have stayed at other nice hotels such as the Palace Hotel, Orient Express Hotel chain and others. The people at the arrival area and at the front desk were extremely friendly. We had two breakfasts and one dinner at the hotel. The food was excellent and the service was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

This was our first trip to Jackson hole and we wanted to make sure the hotel was nice... There are not an abundance of chain hotels out here and we trust the four seasons.... Upon arrival they made my daughter an "ants on a log" kit and had a stuffed animal and a book waiting on her in the room. Our son, who is older, had a bucket of ice cold root beers and a water proof camera for our trip.. The hotel planned all our outings and even gave us some kind of dash board guide for Yellowstone... We learned so much from the little talking box! This place does an amazing job!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Agm798
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stay at Four Seasons regularly and this property is simply not up to par.

The rooms, decor, architecture and location are superb, as is friendliness of all staff we encountered.

However, the food service was EXTREMELY slow on every occasion (4) and maid and turn down service was FAR BELOW what we expect of a FS (had to repeatedly ask for new ice, our personal water bottles kept being thrown away, ran out of soap, various glasses/coffee/creamer, wash towels.....list goes on). Also, no free bottled water, parking is $30 a day and they charge for wifi, which is actually slower than available 3G. Poolside service is worst we have have seen at a FS and kitchen mistakenly, twice, said a menu item was no longer offered, even though we were ordering from a new menu.

FS HQ should seriously consider replacing this manager and hiring new kitchen staff.

We could NOT recommend this property to anyone. Pay more and experience Amangani nearby if you want quality in the the Jackson Hole area.

Room Tip: Dont' go until you call and see if they hired a Food/Bev manager, as it is obvious they don'...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ritzytopaz
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with our services. The service you have described is not our five star service we hold ourselves to. I will be sure to share the information with the appropriate people to make sure these glitches are addressed. Hope you will consider giving us a second chance some time in the near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you are reading this wondering if the extra is worth paying over the Terra, the answer is absolutely yes. We checked out of the Terra after one night and checked into the Four Seasons for the next three - and straight away the super attentive service kicked in and you realise you are staying somewhere very special. Our room was beautiful - with a comfy easy chairs, a cosy fire but all really bright and airy. There was an enormous walk in closet, a separate bath and shower and lovely complimentary l'Octainne toiletries. All this with the amazing view out over the valley and the most comfortable bed ever. But it is the little touches such as fresh ice always in the room, a jug of water and two cups placed at the bedside as part of the turn down service, novels in the room. And that's just in the room.

We also tried the in-room dining, Spa, pool and Westbank Grill restaurant and also the bar. All wonderful. We really didn't want to leave. What amazes me about Four Seasons is it is like you are the first person in the room each time - as well as being spotless, nothing is in need of maintenance. And the service throughout the hotel - whether at the poolside or the valet - is consistently high, warm and friendly.

Can't wait to find an excuse to go back.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe valley view room and loved it
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
FSJac, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We thrive on making our guest’s experience the best it can possibly be. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team.

We also hope you find an excuse to come back soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We plan to stay at this hotel again next year. The ski shop is excellent. They will even help you with your boots if you like. This is the only true ski in out hotel that I know of. The only issue we had was that at the end of our trip, I asked to have our skis brought to our room on our last night to make sure they had all the straps on correctly, but they put them out front instead. Once I called they did bring them up right away.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
FSJac, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to share you positive review with our ski shop. We look forward to welcoming you back next winter.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We traveled to JH for the first time last winter and we had an awesome time!

The 4S is in a killer location and perfect if you get tired as you can just zip back to your room for a break and then head back out when you feel refreshed.

I have a severe gluten allergy and I have to say this hotel went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure my food was not contaminated. They cooked my french fries in separate oil and when I was bummed out that I couldn't take part in the "Smores by the Fire" they went and bought me gluten free cookies! That is service!

We stayed in a a basic room which was more than enough space for the 2 of us. The gym was awesome and the hot tub and pool outside were the best way to spend an evening to soak our sore muscles.

We would 100% stay at this property again - especially if we could find a direct flight. Traveling from EWR to Salt Lake to Jackson was a bit of a hike (especially since our return flight was cancelled and we had to go home via Vegas). I digress.

Anyway, book it! You will have a blast.

PS JH is no joke! I have been skiing all my life (though get very few days on snow lately) and found this mountain pretty difficult.

Room Tip: We loved Osteria in town - so deeeelish with a super cool vibe.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SASSSSY
FSJac, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

I am delighted to hear we were able to accomodate your dietary needs. We feel pretty strongly about the s'more experience so I am happy we found a gluten free alternative. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our Food and Beverage team.

Our location is for sure exclusive by nature, but I am sure you will agree, worth the journey.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

This hotel is one of the best I have ever visited. We had originally planned to stay at Yellowstone and had reservations to do so, but were forced to find an alternative after the roads were closed due to snow (in late May!). I quickly called a third party booking company and was assured that I had a reserved room. After hanging up with them, I called the hotel to verify the reservation made it to them. It had not (and did not until 2 days later!). The hotel staff were wonderful. They reserved a room for me, allowed me to extend my reservation, and were amazing at recommending places to see and things to do. Overall, this hotel and it's staff are the best around. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: let them pick for you! Both mountain side and resort side are amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. I do hope you were able to make it to Yellowstone but if not there is always time to come back. Thank you for your nice words and look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teton Village
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Snake River Lodge and Spa
#4 of 7 in Teton Village

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!