“Great Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We just got back from a week long trip to Jackson Hole and the Snake River Lodge and I would absolutely stay here again. The rooms were very clean and appeared to have been renovated within the last year or so. The service was fantastic and the staff immediately responded to requests. The ski rental and valet service was outstanding. They were fast, efficient and courteous. It is ski in and a short walk out to the tram or gondola. We purchased the ski and stay package that included a very nice breakfast. An unexpected bonus was that they served free appetizers daily from 4:00 - 6:30. Granted, they were nachos, wings or fondu but it was still a nice way grab a snack after a day of skiing.

The pool and spa were nice as well. If the pool area got crowded with kids at the end of the day you could slip away to the quiet spa area which was nice. The only downside I could say is that the bar area was not slope-side and it felt as though you were in the lobby. If I were running the lodge I would move the bar to conference area to allow for more of an intimate feel and provide access to an outside deck for those nice sunny days.

Overall: a great place to stay for families or couples

1 Thank bigmomma05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The staff is extremely accommodating. The rooms are beautiful. Great location right next to the tram and Within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. Closer to the base than the four seasons with comparable rooms at a fraction of the price. By far the best value in town.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gus B
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

My Husband and I brought our 2 young adult children here to ski. The Staff at this Resort is OUTSTANDING! I never met more friendly genuine people. The housekeeping, for the most part, do not speak English but if you can get past that you will totally enjoy it here. Everyday there is constantly free food (homemade cookies, nachos, hot cheese/bread, Starbucks coffee, tea, fresh fruited water, hot chocolate). Buffet breakfast is hot and plentiful. The staff at the desk can handle all your adventures into the Tetons and Yellowstone. They even called to help me make reservations for the show downtown at the Playhouse. Best of all the bus to town stops right outside and for $3.00 you can effortlessly go to Jackson. We walked over to the Four Seasons and it was nice, much more pricier and the lift is closer but I liked the casual, yet upscale atmosphere of the Snake River Lodge. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that goes up the oldest elevator in Jackson. Pros: great WiFi and close to the L...
Crownsville, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

The lodge is in a good location, easy access to the ski resort - see previous post about the ski valet, walk up a few steps to lifts, but ski back easily. The lodge itself is nice, pretty modern and clean. The room had a few toiletrees provided ( shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc ). Our room was large and overlooked the pool area, so we could easily see if the hot tub was too crowded. Our bathroom had a large shower/jacquzi style tub which was nice, tho we did not try the tub. Our room was on the 2nd floor - which was nice, b/c the elevator was slow, so we could easily walk up to our floor most of the time. Our room # was 216 - which had a slight drawback, it was directly across from the elevator, which you could hear 'humming' all day/night. It wasn't a big drawback, as it wasn't extremly loud, and sorta just 'blended in' and sound like normal noise, like maybe if you were used to a heater running. But if you are sensitive to noise for your sleep, you might want to make sure you aren't directly across from the elevator. We didn't hear alot of other noises from other rooms or people/kids running down the halls.

The hot tub is large and was a good temperture, It can get crowded in the early evenings after the lifts close, we usually tried to hit it later on.

We did not have any ski packages, so we had to pay for the breakfast ourselves - which I found to be quite expensive. The bill was about $45 for 2 people for the buffet. The selection was decent and the food overall was good, tho, the eggs were slightly watery, and tasted powdery to me. I felt like that was too expensive for a breakfast.

They have an 'apres' happy hour in the bar area each evening, which I think starts at 4. We stayed 5 nights, and the food was an alternate each day of either wings or a cheese fondue. They also have free cookies and hot cocoa and cider during this time. You have to pay for your drinks.

My only real negative about this property, was that we paid for our hotel through expedia, but when we checked in, she told us there was a $25 a day charge (extra ) for the use of the hot tub, pool, fitness area, ski valet, and happy hour. I've never heard of an extra charge to use a hotel's fitness and pool area - this to me was ridiculous. It seems a tricky way to get customers to think they have a cheaper hotel rate, then charge you for regular hotel features that should come included. This is poor business to me. If you really need that extra money, include it in the full hotel price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna H
Holden Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying in the hotel and am incredibly impressed by the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. I travel for a living and I would recommend this to both families and groups. Breakfast is buffet only (bummer) but the food is Awesome!!!

Will return next year

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank HoldenBea
Rexburg, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My stay was for a business meeting. I took my wife and kids along for the trip. I always worry about upscale hotels not having much for my family to do, but this was a pleasant surprise. The kids had a great time. Spectacular views, very close to Teton National Park, Jackson Hole, and a lot of entertainment.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights using one of their ski packages which included 2 lift tickets and breakfast. I felt it was a very reasonable deal and the accommodations were very nice and very well-located. The bus route is immediately out the side door, hugely convenient for getting into town. The ski valet was very helpful and convenient - they will store skis and boots and you can leave your shoes for the day. You can also rent equipment there. To get to the lifts, you do have to walk up a bunch of steps (approx 2-3 minutes), but at the end of the day you can very easily ski right down to the valet, which is great. I would call it walk out/ski in. The included buffet breakfast always had a wide variety of hot and cold food and was of good quality. We stayed in a hotel room, 2 queen beds and it was well-appointed. The gym was well-equipped and the indoor/outdoor pool/spa was great as well. The staff, especially Melissa the concierge was hugely helpful and they will arrange airport transportation and charge it to your room. I would recommend this property without hesitation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teton Village
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa- A Noble House Resort
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole

Been to Snake River Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!