“Probably the best vacation ever.”
Review of R Lazy S Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Teton Village
R Lazy S Ranch
Reviewed May 2, 2012

A vacation at the R Lazy S is really like none other. I first went when I was about 5 years old and some of my best childhood memories were had there. Now I try to bring my family there every summer and my kids LOVE it.

Here's what to expect: the cabins are rustic. they're extremely clean and comfortable but they don't have phones or TV's...and that's the point. This is one week a year where I leave my phone in the cabin and actually put work aside and enjoy it.

The kids program they have here is unbelievable. It's like summer camp except you get to spend it with your kids. They have all sorts of activities throughout the day including twice daily horseback rides, tubing, waterskiing, and a variety of other games and activities. The kids have a dedicated kids councelor who hands out with them and plans activities. The kids can go off and do their own thing and there is no worry of them being harmed because this is a HUGE ranch. The kids love it and frankly it's nice to be able to let them go a bit and not worry about them getting kidnapped etc.

As an adult there is a ton of stuff to do (see their website) but the best thing is just getting away and enjoying the environment. The food is great, the service is better than any Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, and the actual property that the ranch is on is something you'd find in a magazine or a western movie. The only thing comparable to this vacation is a cruise, but to me and our family there is more value here and certainly much more uniqueness.

Room Tip: Cabins close to the lodge are nice for kids because they are closer to the action. All the cabins ar...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank cmann2

Reviewed May 1, 2012

R LAZY S RANCH is one of my most favorite places on the planet !
HANDS DOWN, the most spectacular views of the glorious Teton Mountain Range. The family who own and operate the ranch are absolutely lovely and they gather an incredible ranch crew every summer. Fabulous horseback rides, delicious meals (morning, noon, and night), beautiful cabins, wonderful people, super fun activities, just to name a few, make for an outstanding time.
If I could be there every summer, I would !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DLK830
Reviewed July 12, 2011

It's been 9 years since I last stayed at R Lazy S (I put July 2011 because June 2002 wasn't an option), but I loved the experience and will go back someday! The staff is amazing (and since I worked there for 2 summers before going as a guest, I can say that they are treated really well which isn't true of all the ranches out there), the food is delicious (Peter is magic in the kitchen), the horses are beautiful (and also very well treated), the scenery is beautiful, and guests are treated like family! It's the perfect family vacation or romantic getaway! The prices may strike some as high, but you get a lot for your money, so don't let that deter you! It's a great value & a fabulous trip!

• Stayed: July 2011
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Cowboy Village Resort
Cowboy Village Resort
#5 of 40 in Jackson

Been to R Lazy S Ranch? Share your experiences!