“Good Food, a Little Pricey, Arrogant Server.”

Il Villaggio Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Villaggio Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Moose Wilson Road
Transit: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Start Bus Stop
Description: Nestled hillside at the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort lies the intimate and rustic Il Villaggio Osteria. An eatery reminiscent of the comfortable, community-focused restaurants that pepper the Italian countryside, an evening at Osteria transports, making you feel as though you’ve traveled to one of Italy’s hidden gems – all without the jetlag. A salumi bar, pizza oven and cozy main dining room marry seamlessly to complement the authentic flavors of the expansive menu, while an outdoor fireplace warms during the sometimes chilly Wyoming nights. Led by Executive Chef Serge Smith, Osteria presents a menu perfect for multicourse dining, composed of homemade pastas and pizzas, seasonal salads, and imported meats and cheeses from the world’s finest purveyors.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

All three of our meals here were good and we don't mind paying a little more for good quality meals. Our bill for 3 of us came to $120 and that did not include any alcohol (we don't drink).

However, the portions were small, so when we left the restaurant, one of our guest says "well that was a good appetizer for $120, now were do we go to eat!

My only negative observation was that the server was a bit arrogant and unfriendly (leads to lower tip you know). As one example, the wife asked for a particular dish that she is accustomed to finding at EVERY Italian restaurant, yet the server replies in a snotty tone of voice... "We don't server that here. This is a REAL Italian restaurant."

The wife's only negative comment was that she likes soft bread with warm butter, but for this restaurant she pulled out her hammer and chisel to break the bread. It was good, but hard. Other than this, all was great.

Well excuse me sir to to imply that this is Denny's restaurant, yet I believe you that this is a REAL Italian restaurant because you follow the pattern of rudeness.

We would go back again if we can avoid the guy who served us the first time.

finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at Il Villaggio Osteria, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thanks for joining us for dinner and for sharing your review. Happy you enjoyed your meal. We have a wide range of dishes on the menu for every appetite so if you are looking for something on the larger portion size, I would recommend one of our pastas or homemade pizzas. They are great for sharing or for one, depending on how hungry you are! Sorry to hear your service experience left you feeling this way. As a restaurant, team and company, we believe the opposite of what you experienced. We believe delicious food shouldn't come hand in hand with pretension. Throughout everything we do, we strive to provide excellent food with stellar service. I hope you'll try us out again and allow us show you this firsthand.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

A small group of us came to il Villaggio and had the best experience. The staff was knowledgeable about the menu and the wine. The food was delicious. It definitely should be on the list of restaurants if you are visiting the area.

Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal and the knowledge base of our staff. We spend special attention as a team tasting and experiencing everything on our menu - from appetizers and main courses to cocktails and wines - to ensure we are able to provide our guests with knowledgable service while dining with us. Happy to hear your experience reflected this value! Thanks for spending your evening with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Pizza was great, if a little too salty. Really interesting home-made pastas. Ate outside and it was really nice and comfortable. Service was pleasant, friendly and fast.

Thanks for your feedback on your recent dining experience! Happy to hear you enjoyed the outdoor deck, attentive service and imaginative, high quality food. Besides our lasagna noodles, all our pastas and pizza doughs are made in house, so they are a great menu choice while dining with us! Thanks for coming in - We look forward to having you back in the future!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

On our vacation to Jackson Hole, Osteria served us one of the best meals of the trip. We sat outside on the patio. The evening was a bit chilly, but we were totally comfortable with the heaters on. The ambience is upscale, but relaxing. The service was awesome. Our waiter was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. He recommended a wine pairing with my pasta and it complemented the dish perfectly. I loved the wine so much I asked him to write it down so I could find it when I went home. The food was amazing. We had the italian bread salad, lasagna and linguine with clams. Oh I can't forget about the side order of brussel sprouts. My mouth is watering just thinking about the meal. Nothing makes me happier than walking away from a meal totally and utterly satisfied with a dining experience. That is the feeling I had leaving Osteria.

finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at Il Villaggio Osteria, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thanks for sharing your review! Happy to hear your meal with us was one of the best of your trip to Jackson Hole. From the service and ambiance to the food and wine, we are so glad you left having had the exceptional Osteria experience we strive to provide each guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you find yourself in Jackson. Cheers!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am sorry to read the mixed reviews because our dinner was excellent and the server, Justin, did an very professional job. We had the "gem" salad which is aptly named. It was, indeed, a gem. The tomatoes caprese was also very good with Wyomato tomatoes and a lush mozzarella.

Bread on the table is crisp on the outside and very fresh. I had the Manila clam pasta-by far the best I have ever had. The clams were tender, the pasta al dente with a pesto sauce. I could only eat half and brought the rest home for breakfast (I am married to an Italian!). My friend had the ahi tuna and ate every bite.

I highly recommend this very enjoyable place...and by the way: this restaurant is right next to the summer music festival. It was packed when we arrived at 5:45 and emptied out in plenty of time for folks to find their seats. That is quite an accomplishment...

It was a pleasure to hear about your evening with us! We have to agree, Justin is great. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Manila Clam Pasta, Ahi Tuna, bread and salads. We certainly look forward to having you join us again soon!