“Wow.”

Il Villaggio Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Villaggio Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Moose Wilson Road
Transit: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Start Bus Stop
Description: In February 2008, Fine Dining Restaurant Group, of Rendezvous Bistro & Q Roadhouse fame, brought a taste of Italy to Jackson Hole with the opening of Il Villaggio Osteria. Located inside the Hotel Terra which is the state’s first LEED certified property and only the fifth in the United States. Highlights of the intimate restaurant are Il Villagio Osteria’s 12-seat wine bar and eight seat salami bar, where guests can watch as imported meats and cheeses, sourced from the country’s finest purveyors, are hand-sliced to order. House made pastas, sausage stuffed olives, beautiful wines and entrees round out the exquisite multi course menu.
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
“Wow.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

On our vacation to Jackson Hole, Osteria served us one of the best meals of the trip. We sat outside on the patio. The evening was a bit chilly, but we were totally comfortable with the heaters on. The ambience is upscale, but relaxing. The service was awesome. Our waiter was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. He recommended a wine pairing with my pasta and it complemented the dish perfectly. I loved the wine so much I asked him to write it down so I could find it when I went home. The food was amazing. We had the italian bread salad, lasagna and linguine with clams. Oh I can't forget about the side order of brussel sprouts. My mouth is watering just thinking about the meal. Nothing makes me happier than walking away from a meal totally and utterly satisfied with a dining experience. That is the feeling I had leaving Osteria.

• Visited July 2013
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at Il Villaggio Osteria, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review! Happy to hear your meal with us was one of the best of your trip to Jackson Hole. From the service and ambiance to the food and wine, we are so glad you left having had the exceptional Osteria experience we strive to provide each guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you find yourself in Jackson. Cheers!

Houston, Texas
“A lovely evening...”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am sorry to read the mixed reviews because our dinner was excellent and the server, Justin, did an very professional job. We had the "gem" salad which is aptly named. It was, indeed, a gem. The tomatoes caprese was also very good with Wyomato tomatoes and a lush mozzarella.

Bread on the table is crisp on the outside and very fresh. I had the Manila clam pasta-by far the best I have ever had. The clams were tender, the pasta al dente with a pesto sauce. I could only eat half and brought the rest home for breakfast (I am married to an Italian!). My friend had the ahi tuna and ate every bite.

I highly recommend this very enjoyable place...and by the way: this restaurant is right next to the summer music festival. It was packed when we arrived at 5:45 and emptied out in plenty of time for folks to find their seats. That is quite an accomplishment...

• Visited July 2013
It was a pleasure to hear about your evening with us! We have to agree, Justin is great. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Manila Clam Pasta, Ahi Tuna, bread and salads. We certainly look forward to having you join us again soon!
North Barrington, IL
“Like a chain restaurant”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Was looking forward to dining here based upon reviews on Trip Advisor and Open Table. Found that the quality of the pizza's was just OK. A lot like California Pizza Kitchen. My husband's pasta was somewhat thick and also just OK, no special flavors or seasonings. Limited by the glass wine selection. Service was OK.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank teeitupbarrington
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at Il Villaggio Osteria, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your review. Sorry to hear your experience did not reflect the reviews you read prior to your time with us. Our dough is made in house from scratch daily, using the highest quality ingredients and our chefs work hard to provide guests with both creative and classic flavor profiles in the topping selection. If you're looking for a bit more complex flavor, may I recommend one of our pizzas with housemade mortadella or even roasted octopus? They add a great flavor! Thanks for joining us - I hope you'll give us another try.
napa valley
“Osteria Never Disappoints”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great atmosphere, great food, great service! The patio is beautiful and very kid friendly. Try the hand pulled mozzarella appetizer- it's amazing! Other favorites were the lasagna, pizzas, and wild boar ragu. The menu is fun, lots to choose from. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the manager, Stacy went above and beyond to be sure customers were taken care of. We can't wait to return.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful review! The patio is a great place to enjoy the beautiful surrounding mountains and scenery of Jackson Hole. So glad you found lots to choose from on the menu and the staff executed the high level of quality service on which we place great value. We look forward to having you return!
Paw Paw, Michigan
“The food surpassed amazing, the setting sublime, the ambience charming, and the staff above and beyond anything I’ve eve”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food surpassed amazing, the setting sublime, the ambience charming, and the staff above and beyond anything I’ve ever witnessed! I consider myself to be a foodie, who doesn’t love a great meal especially when a glass of wine praises it perfectly! I walked into IL Villaggio Osteria fresh off a plane fuzzy eyed and famished to a sea of patrons, of course it was going to be over flowing, it was the Fourth of July weekend. What restaurant isn’t going to be bursting at the seams in a resort town in the middle of the Tetons? The hostess greeted me with a beaming smile and said “I’m extremely sorry but it is going to be a little bit of a wait, around 40 minutes for a table.” I was stunned at that wait time, that is nothing compared to the arduous times’ I’ve waited at other establishments! I had her take my name down and sat on the plush couch waiting my turn. I was flabbergasted to hear some of the fellow guests’ that were also waiting for a table, “we’ve been waiting for over 30 minutes, this is ridiculous, I can’t believe we have to wait this long”, so on and so fourth. Working in the food industry through my college education I understood what this restaurant was going through. When you’re busy you’re busy, they do there best to make every single guest happy but if waiting for a great meal is out of the question, leave, no one is holding you there; I’m sure there is a McDonalds somewhere near by that would be willing to slap some grease and cheese on a bun for you in 30 seconds.
Stacy the general manager came out to the waiting area several times to check on everyone, especially the gripping inpatient guests’; which at this point giving them free meals, drinks, cash, and a free puppy would not make them happy. When she reached me I could see in her eyes’ that she and her employees were truly trying to do the best they could and to some that still wasn’t good enough. I said when your in the weeds you’re in the weeds, I have nothing but time thank you for your hospitality.
After what seemed like no time at all I was escorted to my table, then again was greeted by Stacy the general manager who again apologized for the waiting. She asked if there was anything she could do for me, I said you could take my order and bring me a glass of wine to compliment my entree and that is all I will trouble you for. My entrée (Cuip) arrived presented on a plate that almost looked like an artist spent hours arranging everything perfectly, immediately after Stacy returned with a glass of Valley of the Moon Chardonnay.
Almost 7 hours since my last meal I was ready to dive headfirst into this plate of pure fragrant ecstasy. The first bite was an explosion of flavors that my taste buds will not soon forget! It was hard to believe that I was not on the Maine coast but in a landlocked state in the mountains. The lobster, crab, clams, and mussels tasted as if they were just plucked from the ocean. Everything was above and beyond my expectations! The plate came together as if it were made for the gods. The wine complimented the plate as if Stacy could read my mind or she’s just that good. I would describe the wine as having the aromas of summer, peach, pear, and a slight hint of vanilla and cinnamon, it paired perfectly with the Cuip.
My overall experience with Osteria was top notch; I have and will keep recommending this piece heaven to everyone I see around the resort. Do not pass this establishment by! My hat is off the entire crew, Thank you!

2 Thank TrekkingPhotography
Thank you for your very thoughtful review! It was such a pleasure to read about your experience - from start to finish - as this is exactly what we strive for at Osteria. Although there may be waits during particularly busy times, our team is there to make the entire dining experience enjoyable and it's great to hear Stacy's service and attention ensured this value was executed with care. You bring up a great point in your review of the seafood as well! While we are landlocked in the mountains, we fly our seafood in daily to ensure our guests never compromise on quality. Thanks for joining us this July and for taking the time to share your evening with us. We look forward to having you back soon!