“Terrific food”

Il Villaggio Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Villaggio Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Moose Wilson Road
Transit: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Start Bus Stop
Description: In February 2008, Fine Dining Restaurant Group, of Rendezvous Bistro & Q Roadhouse fame, brought a taste of Italy to Jackson Hole with the opening of Il Villaggio Osteria. Located inside the Hotel Terra which is the state’s first LEED certified property and only the fifth in the United States. Highlights of the intimate restaurant are Il Villagio Osteria’s 12-seat wine bar and eight seat salami bar, where guests can watch as imported meats and cheeses, sourced from the country’s finest purveyors, are hand-sliced to order. House made pastas, sausage stuffed olives, beautiful wines and entrees round out the exquisite multi course menu.
“Terrific food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I had a great dinner at Osteria and would go back when in Jackson. For appetizers, we had bruschetta with sardines and the meatballs which were both excellent. For dinner, I had fish which was very fresh and tasty. My husband had papardelle with boar ragu which was very good as well. The service was good and you did not feel rushed at all.

1 Thank KR5984
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at Il Villaggio Osteria, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for your thoughtful review. You made some excellent menu choices! Happy to hear you were able to relax and enjoy the evening, knowing you were in the care of great service. We believe that's a key part of a great dining experience and are happy to hear you noticed the attention we pay to delivering on this! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Jackson.

Boston, Massachusetts
“would not consider it to be superb or outstanding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Is a nice restaurant. but nothing super - special. other places we tried in the area were mostly better. no real problems or issues. pleasant service

1 Thank 76543
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. Sorry to hear your dinner didn't live up to expectations, but are glad our team took good care of you. We believe good service is a key part of the dining experience and are happy to hear this was enjoyable. We hope you'll give us another try and allow us to 'Wow!' you!
“Really not italian”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my family last night. What a complete disappointment, from the server who bought 3 large bottles of water instead of 2 and basically told us we had to take them. I come from Italy and have sampled many so called
Italian restaurants all over the world but few have been as bad as this one. Panzanella is not soggy tomatoes onions a little rucola covered in extremely hard croutons. The gnocchi were soggy and floating in some much stuff that they were unrecognisable. My partner had a small chicken which was equally unpalatable. The children's pizzas were passable. Why not call your self an American restaurant instead of pretending to be what you really aren't, after all if this represents Italian cuisine it gives Italy a bad reputation.. On the other hand the Four Seasons
was a really good experience.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Linda D
finediningllc, Owner at Il Villaggio Osteria, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry your experience was not to our usual standards. We try to make sure our guests feel as though they've experienced a piece of Italy when they dine with us and I'm sorry you did not feel this way. We hope you'll come back and try us again.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Quite Authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Great menu selection. The bread was delicious just like in Italy. Fun ambiance and great service. Our favorite place in Jackson Hole.

1 Thank MonsterBaby1
Thanks for joining us while you were in town! Glad to hear you enjoyed the menu, ambiance, service and authenticity of the dishes. We look forward to having you back!
Sunnyvale, California
“Superb food with outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant it attached to the Hotel Terra, which is where we were staying in Teton Village, so it was a no-brainer choice for dinner after our late evening arrival in town. We were pleasantly surprised to be able to walk in and get a table. Our server was there as soon as we were seated with water and to tell us to take our time. I knew as soon as I glanced at the menu what my wife would order, in part. The first item at the top of the 'Appetizer' section was 'Oven Roasted Assorted Olives', olives roasted with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and artichoke hearts. It was tough to choose the rest of what we should order; everything looked great on paper. My wife settled on the Calamari and Pickled Watermelon Salad to go with the roasted olive dish, while I opted for the Baby Gem Salad and the Papperdelle and Wild Boar Ragu. The salads came out promptly and we started to enjoy them; the Baby Gem was an excellent mix just right as a starter. My wife enjoyed the watermelon and calamari mix, which include both fresh and pickled watermelon, calamari, and pork belly but since I am allergic to watermelon I need to rely on her opinion. Halfway through my salad a server showed up with the papperdelle dish; noting that I was not done with the salad he offered to take it back until I finished and have the kitchen make a fresh plate, but I opted to have him leave it. That was great as my wife was able to start in since here olives had not arrived. About the time I finished my salad we asked the waiter about the olives, and he went to check, bringing them out a few minutes later. In the meantime we shared the papperdelle which was excellent; the serving was generous, with lots of boar, and perfectly seasoned. Once the olives arrived my wife concentrated on those, which put her in her own private heaven; she loves olives! At the end of dinner we were full, but agreed to look at desserts, opting to share a single scoop of basil gelato. We were surprised when a waitress delivered a plate two gelato sandwiches then a bowl with 3 scoops of basil gelato, but then our waiter came out to explain he was comping us the extra scoops and the sandwiches due to the late delivery of the olives. A grand gesture, but far more than we could consume.

The prices are a bit high, but in-line with other establishments in the Jackson area.

Our experience was so good that we opted for a return trip a couple of nights later, this time with reservations thought it did not seem to be necessary. This time my wife made it to the 3rd item on the Appetizer menu before stopping: Fried Olives Stuffed with Housemade Sausage. Did I mention she loves olives? She ordered a Panzanella Salad and a plate of Fried Brussel Sprouts with Pomegranate, too, while I opted for a Panzanella Salad along with the Spring Pea and Ricotta Gnocchi. The Panzanella salad was a bit different than other takes on this Italian standard in that the bread was more crouton like so it soaked up less of the tomato. Still great, just a bit different than what I expected. The brussel sprouts were outstanding; I cannot recommend the dish highly enough and know I will be trying to replicate it once brussel sprout season returns. The fried olives were large green olives stuffed with sausage, breaded then fried and served on a bed of marinara; another great unexpected delight. The gnocchi were fluffy with a tasty lemony sauce, my only disappointment was that the peas appeared to be a bit overcooked. Still good, but I think it would be a bit better with a bit more body to the peas to offset the texture of the gnocchi. For dessert we each had a scoop of the nightly special, a salted caramel ice-cream, which was excellent.

The service both nights was outstanding, attentive but not overly so, with great suggestions and feed back.

The wine list is extensive enough, and the prices for bottles was reasonable. The price of wines available by the glass was a bit high, which led us to opt for bottles both nights.

Innovative cuisine options (e.g., watermelon with calamari and pork belly in a salad ... what more need I say), superbly done, priced in-line for the locale with outstanding service. Definitely a must experience place in Teton Village.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank CyclistRick
finediningllc, Owner at Il Villaggio Osteria, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful review. The brussels sprouts are one of our signature summer items. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed them! Thanks for spending your two evenings with us. We look forward to having you back the next time you are in Jackson Hole.