Review Highlights
Beautiful Resort

This is my first time here, which is surprising since I am a skier and here I am in September with... read more

Reviewed October 8, 2018
kirpatt2016
Pitman, New Jersey
Awesome in July!

My fiancé and I enjoyed our adventurous day of frolfing and mountain biking. He “had” to get a new... read more

Reviewed August 15, 2018
TrishGarv322
Lisle, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews ski school lift tickets double blues advanced skiers jackson hole mangy moose great resort challenging mountain green runs big mountain challenging runs ski vacation ski area grand targhee mid mountain fresh snow waffles
Reviewed July 22, 2013

whoa! My teenage boys went mountain bike riding down the ski slopes this summer! They loved it! One attached his Go Pro camera to his helmet and videoed the whole thing!

1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed July 22, 2013

And go to Top of the World Waffles! And take a hike on top of Rendezvous Mountain! Great place, we miss it already!

1  Thank arodger4
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I did a tandem paraglide in mid-June with Jackson Hole Paragliding. This was my first time, and the experience was awesome. We rode the red tram to the top of Rendezvous Mountain. Once airborne, it felt like I was floating through the air. All you can hear is the wind. The trip lasts about 7 to 10 minutes. You get great views of the Cathedral group and of the entire valley. They take pictures during the trip which you can buy later.
I would give this 5 stars, but we had one misstep. This was the lack of support personnel in case their is a problem. We had a chute with some tangled lines. I was helping the pilot untangle the lines, but my lack of experience, not adapted to high altitudes, and strong winds hindered our efforts. After a long while, someone with the company came and helped untangle the lines and right the chute. We were then able to get airborne. Compared to the entire experience, this was a small bump on the road. I'm hooked on tandem paragliding and will be doing it again in a different locale when I visit Salt Lake City next year.
The price is high at $275, but this is Jackson Hole. Everything is expensive.

1  Thank pablo312
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We took the free Gondola up to the top and had a cocktail at the restaurant while the sun was going down. Lovely views of the ski village and FREE!!!!

1  Thank Sandra K
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was a summer trip for us. I am a hiker. I compete in uphill mountain races in the Colorado Rockies. This is background so you will take my next comments seriously... The maps available for hikers are terrible, and the trails on the mountains are NOT marked well. There is snow in July and lots of thunderstorms. Trails end for no reason. I am an experienced mountain hiker and I got lost...
"Must have" equipment if you are going to hike in the mountains:
Cell phone with extra charger
Good hiking boots
Lots of water
Salt
Protien bars
Hat & sunscreen
Bear repellent spray
GOOD topographical map and compass
Rain gear
Gloves
Sunglasses
At least one bandana
Medical kit
I cannot caution you enough to take every safety precaution when you hike in these mountains. They are beautiful, but not easy. Enjoy!

1  Thank Art_lover_Dallas