“Actually gets 6 stars not five”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Reflet Ranch

Red Reflet Ranch
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Actually gets 6 stars not five”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our family of nine went together and grandparents, parents and children agreed it was the greatest vacation every. "Magical" "A Gem" The hills are beautiful and peace-giving beyond words. The hosts made us feel we were among friends and were joyously committed to making this an unforgettable experience. They succeeded. The families who live on the ranch and are responsible for planning, horses, vehicles, marksmanship and other activities were first-rate, quality people. The food was excellent and there was plenty to do. We especially liked the trip to the high country. The family photo we took on Eagle Perch is now framed and prominently displayed in each of our homes. None of our grandchildren had driven, shot or ridden much. They got their chance. As we said above a 5 star rating isn't adequate to describe the Red Reflet Ranch. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did

Room Tip: Couples Chalet is beautifully situated and provided some quiet time for grandparents when they need...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Worland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had our annual Christmas dinner at the Red Reflet Ranch. 100% of us all stated this was absolutely the finest meal any of us have ever had in our lives. The food was delicious, the service was outstanding. The chef and pastry chef are tops in their fields. If you haven't tried the Red Reflet you have missed out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gerald D
Casper, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed at the Couple's Chalet. It is absolutely an unequaled experience! the views are tremendous and the hiking is so perfect! Right out of the door. We could not have asked for a better experience. The staff is wonderful and the accommodations are fantastic. Do not hesitate to stay here!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

From the start of the reservation process throughout our entire stay I have not experienced such wonderful personalized attention at any other hotel/resort/property. Each time I called I spoke directly to Laurence (owner), Bob (owner), or Amy (guest relations). If I left a message my calls were always promptly and pleasantly returned. During the booking process I called several times, with several questions which were all answered happily and patiently.
This ranch is in the middle of nowhere it seems which makes it superbly special. Just getting there is an adventure, but it is well worth it! The scenery is breathtaking! It is so much to take in upon arrival. We were greeted like old friends and treated as such by all of the staff the entire visit. Where else can you pop your head into the kitchen, ask for some salsa, and have the chef happily ask if you want a bowl or a jug?! :)
The meals were great. Matthew is their new chef and he did not disappoint. Bob presented wine pairings with each dinner that were wonderful and any other request for beverage was met at no additional cost. I've read reviews complaining of the cost, but what should be recognized is that there are NO, ZERO hidden costs! That is what makes it so easy and wonderful. You are provided an ATV upon arrival and it is yours the entire stay. It is so fun riding the ATV's to the Ranch House to dinner every night. Dusty, but fun! I didn't have a warm enough jacket for hiking one day....they loaned me one. I needed goggles for riding the ATV....they loaned me some. Laurence and Bob dine with the guests at lunch and nightly and I find that a wonderful thing. They aren't just the owners that live off property or that stay in their home away from everyone. They are thoroughly involved with you for your entire visit. They both do activities with the guests which is another plus in my book. Bob took my husband and I to ride ATV's up on the mountain. We rode ATV's, hiked into the woods and listened for elk. We found a herd and hearing the bulls bugle back and forth to each other was an experience I will never forget. Talk about the call of the wild! Laurence zip lined with all of us on our last day and put us to shame with her talents! It was so much fun! There are so many activities to choose from you will never run out of something to do. They don't pressure you to do anything either. No schedule but your own.
Shooting with Randy at the shooting range was a great experience. It felt like we had known him for years. Tammy and Greta dealt with me and my first riding experience riding a horse with softness and patience. The horses were fabulous and so were the girls!
My husband and I stayed in the Panorama chalet. The views were AMAZING! I could sit out on the wrap around deck for hours just taking in the scenery. It is quiet and serene! Our cabin was stocked with everything we had requested (food) prior to our arrival and then some! When we needed additional food in our cabin and drink it was provided to us with no question, no charge, and a smile.
If you can make it there.....do it! You will not be disappointed! We can't wait to return with our children!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Missyjas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The service from the entire staff was spectacular. The food was beyond words, the scenery and personal attention we received for everything was great. What made the vacation for us was the cowboys and horses. The freedom and personal attention we received from Clay's crew was superb. My kids got to push cattle on a cattle drive and they felt like true cowboys! They still talk about it!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Misch84
Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nothing quite prepares you for the scenery at this ranch. It is absolutely stunning. Although I took many, pictures don't really do justice to the scale and abundant wide open views of the ranch. Whether you are horseback riding, on an ATV, or in a chalet, you'll be looking at something beautiful. The activities, which others have well summarized, kept us having fun the entire time. On top of that, the owners Bob and Laurence are such welcoming hosts. Their genuine warmth and that of the employees was something special in itself. We had delicious meals with great conversation and were charmed throughout. It was hard to say goodbye, but it was a magical week that nobody in my family will forget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I had an excellent vacation at RRR. We were able to be fully programmed with fun outings, or not programmed at all. Where else can you fly fish, shoot rifles, swim in a great pond, zip line, horseback ride on great trails, ATV ride, and hike (that's all we did). Best of all is the great service by all staff. The owners quickly became friends, as well as the staff. The scenery is unmatched and the "chalets" are first class. The food deserves a special mention - the best beef I have ever tasted and the freshest salads/veggies possible. We will come back, this time with friends and family.

Room Tip: Couple Cabin was excellent
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg V

Been to Red Reflet Ranch? Share your experiences!