“Don't miss this place”
Review of Tunnel Inn

Tunnel Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Story
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Enjoy fine dining in beautiful Story, Wyoming. The Tunnel Inn is an historic inn offering lunch in our bar and dining room from 11:00am-2pm daily and dinner Monday and Wednesday through Sunday from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. This historic restaurant and bar was built in 1931, and offers a cozy, warm environment for a special night out with friends. We also host business events, weddings, family reunions and other specials events. Please contact us for more information.
Beardsley, MN
“Don't miss this place”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Chef Norm is serving meals here that are above and beyond your typical restaurant fare. Presented like we were eating downtown Chicago. Excellent food. Reasonable prices. If on your way to Yellowstone or Sheridan, WY, don't miss this place.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Kathleen B

Florida
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We travel to Story a few times a year. We were happy to see that the Tunnel Inn was under new Ownership. We ate there boths nights we were there. The Staff is awesome, the Owner is awesome. The food was fabulous. Friday night the have a shrimp feast like no other. The dried scallops are the best I ever had, as is the blue gill. My husband had the ribs one night and the beef wellington one night and it was to die for!!! Also the grilled ceasar salad was so good. The bartender was great. Just a great place with wonderful food. We will go back soon.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank MaggieandCody
Buffalo, Wyoming
“An unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great dining in a quaint little mountain town. A short drive frim either Sheridan or Buffalo with great scenery either way. A very friendly atmosphere where the Chef(owner) comes out to meet his clients and makes sure they are happy with their food and service.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Allie38_11
Big Horn, Wyoming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, mediocre service and NO CREDIT CARDS”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have lived in the area off and on my entire life. While this was probably the best meal I have had at the Tunnel Inn, the service definitely left something to be desired. Although we had reservations, it still took 15 minutes to be seated and there were easily ten open tables. The wait staff and chef were entirely too focused on a party of five, while the rest of the patrons were left waiting. My biggest complaint was that they don't take credit cards. This must be the only restaurant in the America that doesn't. When the waitress informed us of this, she rather rudely explained that there is a sign on the inside of the front door that says cash only. I don't know about you, but I usually don't look at the inside of a door when I enter a building. Secondly, the fact that there is a large Visa/Mastercard sticker on the front window is a bit misleading. If my attention to detail is poor, then so does theirs! Sorry, but it really soured me on the whole experience. There are plenty of other restaurants in the area where the food is just as good, or better, and you don't have to spend every cent of cash in your wallet.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Paul G
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Delicious food! The ravioli and pecan crusted chicken are my favorites, but whatever you order is sure to please. The restaurant is located in picturesque Story, WY, which is located between Buffalo and Sheridan. I live in Gillette, WY, which is a little over an hour away. Well worth the drive! People really are driving farther than this to eat here! I go to las Vegas every year and the food here is every bit as good! I can't say enough, you'll just have to see for yourself!

2 Thank pmeans