“SEEMS TO BE CLOSED•CALL AHEAD”
Review of Open Range - CLOSED

Open Range
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open Range is an upper scale casual dinning establishment located in the Historic Sheridan Inn hotel once operated by Buffalo Bill Cody. Open Range offers steaks, sea food, our special made burgers and numerous deserts.
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Friends wanted to go there and we checked and found out that it is closed, at least for the time being. There was a rumor that it would open back up for the summer but no one seemed to know for sure.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Great job on the steaks. Could cook with a little more kosher salt in the soups for flavor development.... just a tip from a 20 year under his belt chef.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 19, 2017

We celebrated our 40th anniversary at the Open Range with a delicious meal and fantastic service. We always appreciate the atmosphere of the Historic Sheridan Inn, where the Open Range is located.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

We hadn't had the Tuesday night $7.50 burgers and brew special since July, when my medium burger was super rare -I like blood running out of my steak, but not drenching my hamburger bun to a red, soggy scene from a horror film, thank you very much. This time we again ordered medium and, consistently inconsistent, we got dry, well-done burgers. I nearly dunked it in my beer like they did the turkey in Christmas Vacation, but instead I ordered extra condiments to help it go down more easily. The service is superior, he fries are good, and the price is great, which is why I'm leaving 4 stars and why I'll probably keep going back in hopes of that first tasty meal, like a drug addict searching for that first trip.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 26, 2017

We like to frequent the Open Range when going out for fine dining in Sheridan. The staff is friendly and inviting and the food is prompt and delicious. The atmosphere is second to none with the 1893 Buffalo Bill Bar reminding you of the history that took place in the very room you are seated. We will keep coming back.

Date of visit: October 2017