“I'd stay here again, but would request different room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Sheridan
Wyoming
“I'd stay here again, but would request different room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Check-in was extremely fast and I enjoyed a couple of delicious cookies as I went upstairs to the second floor. The room was clean, with lots of lamps and new decor. Shower pressure was great and water was hot. View from the room out the back of the hotel was very nice with snow-dusted mountains beyond the city of Sheridan. Pillows were too fat, a universal problem with hotels. Otherwise, bed was comfy. The only complaint I have is that there was a low, almost subsonic thrumming noise, as if a massive generator sat outside my window. Very loud and disturbing as I tried to get to sleep, but the AC fan helped kill the noise. Breakfast=great. Waffles, bagels, coffee, juice, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc. The only thing I'd correct in the future is to not stay in room 203, or anywhere near there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Achin4Bacon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sheridan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Overall the hotel stay was very nice. The breakfast buffet was not adequate for a full hotel. Many items were gone with more than 2 hours available on both days we were there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Dean L
Bear, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed here one night on an escorted tour. The rooms were comfortable but the walls were too thin. We could hear the people in the next room talking. Thankfully they turned in early so we were able to sleep. If they had been late nighties or ran the Tav we would have been in trouble. Otherwise the included breakfast was sparse but adequate and the free wireless was appreciated.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BearTraveler69
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Staff at check-in were polite and helpful. The room looked clean and well cared for but was not actually clean. After walking around the room in a pair of white socks for 5 minutes, the bottoms of my socks looked like I had just walked over a dirt floor. I stayed three nights and had my trash collected only one of those days. I asked for a change of sheet on day #2 and was ignored. The room I was assigned to had a whistle coming through the heater due to high winds. Even though there were not many guests, we were all stacked on top of each other in one small section of the hotel which made for a less than desirable sound level.

Now, let's get into the issues with the breakfast. The first morning, I went down to partake in the free breakfast only to find that the items I was interested in were gone. This was at 7:30 in the morning. They claim that breakfast is served until 9 am. The second morning I served myself eggs and sausage. It was horrible. I travel around 30 weeks a year and have NEVER had such an awful meal. Simply horrible. First of all, it was cold. Secondly, the taste was horrid and the sausage was not cooked completely. The third morning I went down to once again find that the hot breakfast was again all gone. I waited around for 5 minutes hoping to get someone's attention but to no avail.

On the surface this appears to be a nice hotel. However, I won't be using their services during my future trips to Sheridan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business