“Nice room but some issues”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Wisconsin
“Nice room but some issues”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room is large, and convenient off the Freeway.

Shower really sucks, bad pressure and shower head.

Tried to do laundry, well bring change because we had to go to Subway to get change because she had none and was alone. This is really not acceptable for travelers who are tired and trying to just make it through the day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I will not even give this hotel 1 star! This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I made the reservations on line and used my government discount. When I made the reservation it said I had to show my ID. Both my husband and myself are government employees. When my husband showed up they were 1/2 hour early and were informed that they could not check in till 3 that none of their rooms were ready until then. This was by the manager. When they returned after 3 they were told they had to have a government credit card to pay with and she would not not honor our rate. I called the next morning and she was very rude. She hung up on me twice when I was trying to explain to her what I had discussed with the customer service people with Wyndham resorts and that they told me I did not have to be on official business that it was a perk to their customers. When I called back the third time, I told her I had to get an extended check out as, my husband was doing the Big horn race and they could not check out and would not be back until after 3 and I was in Casper and had to drive 2 hours. She told me that she could only hold it until 12 because all of their rooms were cleaned by 1 and she would have no one to clean the room after that. (funny how my husband could not check in to the room the day before until 3 because none of the rooms were clean yet and it was 2:30). So I got in my car and drove to Sheridan to get them checked out. Then she did not want to cancel my Sister-in-law reservation who was tied to ours for the next night until we filed a formal complaint on her for that also. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.While my husband was checking in there was a guest behind them that was checking in and was told they did not have a reservation for her on Friday that it was for Sat and Sun. She told her that she would never make a reservation for Sat and Sun because the race was on Sat and she needed Fri. and Sat. The manager told the guest that she did not have a room except for a suite and there was nothing she could do for her. This poor woman had no place to go on the night before a big race. It was terrible. We have stayed there in years past but will never again. I will also be sure and tell all of my friends and relatives to never use this hotel. We then stayed at the Holiday Inn for the government rate and I can not tell you enough how pleasant and friendly the staff there was. I would like to say that the custodial staff was very friendly when we were checking out. It was just the manager I think her name was Amelia or Amena I can not remember. I usually do not complain but this was the worst service that I have ever experienced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lainibug
Thayne
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel was quiet and the rooms and breakfast were nice but the sheets were too small for the bed and there was no bed pad (icky) on the mattress. Also, the tub was slippery and there was no fan that could be turned on when showering.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We reserved two rooms at the Wingate by Wyndham in Sheridan. The rooms were ready, clean, very large and located across the hall. The location was very convenient to the Interstate and the breakfast was very good. We had no problems and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rapid City
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were given a good rate more than 6 months ago. We provided the required information at check-in. The front desk refused to honor the rate, even though the rate given to us was given to us by their front desk - it was $52 higher per night. Don't stay at this hotel as they will not honor reservation rates, especially when large events are happening in Sheridan. The front desk was rude about the whole thing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rcsd57701
wingatesheridangm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
At Wingate we strive to make sure every guest is 100% satisfied with their stay, I am sad to hear that we fell short of our goal in your case. I want to apologize if there was an issue with your rate and if you felt the staff was being rude to you. I am working with my staff to make sure issues like this will not happen again. I would be more than happy to review your case and make it right for you. You may contact me at 307.675.1101. We will do whatever possible to make sure that your issue is resolved with our hotel.

Waseem Khan