“The this was a newer hotel and was pretty nice overall...”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rapid City
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were given a good rate more than 6 months ago. We provided the required information at check-in. The front desk refused to honor the rate, even though the rate given to us was given to us by their front desk - it was $52 higher per night. Don't stay at this hotel as they will not honor reservation rates, especially when large events are happening in Sheridan. The front desk was rude about the whole thing.

1 Thank rcsd57701
wingatesheridangm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
At Wingate we strive to make sure every guest is 100% satisfied with their stay, I am sad to hear that we fell short of our goal in your case. I want to apologize if there was an issue with your rate and if you felt the staff was being rude to you. I am working with my staff to make sure issues like this will not happen again. I would be more than happy to review your case and make it right for you. You may contact me at 307.675.1101. We will do whatever possible to make sure that your issue is resolved with our hotel.

Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Booked hotel back in october-direct with hotel-got a gov't leisure rate. I asked what was needed for check in and was told id only. When we arrived in May to check in they refused to honor rate and said we needed id and gov't credit card. I stated we were told only id-they said the person who told us that was fired. Asked to talk to manager-they called the manager who said they would not honor rate. As there was a soccer tournament in town we had no choice but to pay higher rate-I was told that rate would have been lower if I booked 30 days out-I booked in October-seems to me that was more then 30 days out, But instead I had to pay the highest rate they had. Front desk staff was very rude and most unhelpful. We have stayed in past and never had any problems. New management company took over in June. Please avoid this hotel unless you like being given one rate and paying another on check in.

1 Thank Cathy H
I want to first apologize for any inconvenience our hotel may have caused you. Also I want to apologize for the misunderstanding you may have had with myself or any of my staff. There are two types of government rates that we offer; one is leisure and the second is for Per Diem. The leisure rate is for any guest traveling and works for the government and the Per Diem is for any guest traveling on official business, this is why you may have been asked for the government issued credit card and/or travel orders. Again I do want to apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and we hope that if travels bring you back to Sheridan you would stay with us again.

Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel! We secured a second floor room with our credit card and when we got there they had given it to a bus load. They still wanted us to pay for non cacellation! What kind of out fit is this!

5 Thank 60471traveler23
wingatesheridangm, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the location of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our reservation staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was recently built and thus all was clean and tidy. This hotel is 100% non smoking so there was no problem with any of that bother. The night clerk did not know how to put in my member number but that was easily resolved with the morning staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am so happy to hear this from you. We take pride in making sure all of our guests are 100% satisfied, and this is another successful story of us achieving our goal. We hope that if you are traveling through our neck of the woods again you would stay with us.