“Never stay here again-No local channels-What happened to 100 Satisfaction Guaranteed?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Sheridan
Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

We could have easily driven on to Billings-but no, I wanted to stop early in Sheridan,WY so we could relax, have a nice dinner and watch TV- DWTS and hockey to be precise. And yes, we could have booked Hampton Inn or one of the other hotels across the street, but no, I wanted to try a Wingate. Silly me thinking this could be a fun little detour. Guess what- this 5 year old property doesn't include NBC, CBS, ABC or FOX- outrageous for 2011 and for a Wyndham property! After all day driving, I had to sit on a hard chair in the lobby, for the ONE TV in the whole hotel that had these channels, to see only some of what I wanted to watch. My sore tailbone finally made me retreat back to my room where a grumpy HB was also complaining. I told the front desk (not their fault) that this seemed crazy to me. We travel all the time-even in third world countries, we have gotton the local channels. Local channels are vital for travellers to listen to crucial weather reports , and news, for their area. And yes, we can't be the only ones who want to lie down and watch TV in the privacy of our rooms and nightclothes. This property is on hill alongside the freeway, nearly everything else, including the town,restaurants, stores and other hotels are just across the freeway. I talked to management in the morning during checkout. You know the part- when they ask "How was your stay?" I told him I thought it was ridiculous and disappointing they could not provide these basic services for guests. He just smiled and said "I know. I know- we don't have it yet- it's on order. We have to get new TVs and then the cable services". He also never mentioned the 100% satisfaction guarantee the chain offers- I found that out myself by going to the main website. And management, or owner, don't even bother to attach some little canned response unless you can intelligently explain why the guarantee wasn't even brought up- or better yet- WHY NO LOCAL CHANNELS? No more Wingates for us- I don't have to bother to ask any other chain for basic TV. I'll stick with who I know.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
wingatesheridangm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for our Local Channels are not available during your stay.

We’re working with our cable provider in upgrading our system.

However with unforeseen problems, it is taking longer than we anticipated.

We will solve this problem as soon as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Best Regards,

Ahmad Jayadi, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2010

Rooms are very nice and roomy. Hot tub was great. And breakfast in the morning was wonderful. The only negative is that there is no TV for basic channels such as ABC,NBC, or CBS.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FloridaTerry
wingatesheridangm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to share regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

And if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 307-675-1101 Ext. 405.

bigfork, montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

We were so lucky to follow a tip in Sunset magazine to stay at this hotel in Sheridan. It was our first stay in the Wingate hotel chain, and we were so pleased that we looked for a Wingate in every city we stopped overnight in. The room was quite large, comfy chair w/ottoman for reading, desk, great beds, sink in the bathroom which we prefer to having the sink in the bedroom, deluxe toiletries. The location is a bit away from town, but wasn't a drawback with a car...added to a quiet night's sleep. The hotel's reccomendation of Oliver's for dinner was the perfect end to a long day on the road.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrisbigforkmt
wingatesheridangm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to share regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 307-675-1101 Ext. 405.

Winnipeg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

We spent two nights at this hotel in July 2010. We should have stayed elsewhere. Checking in was quick and easy. Once up to our room, my husband went to use the washroom. He removed the cover from the toilet, which said "sanitized for your protection" to find a toilet seat full of pee. We called the front desk and asked to either have it cleaned or get a new room. They quickly gave us a new room. Our new room was filthy. My youngest, who is crawling managed to eat some old popcorn off the ground (not ours) and found part of a broken hair brush. There were broken cheese snacks on the floor in the hall just outside our door when we arrived and they were still there when we left 48 hours later.
My husband took our daughter to the pool and the deck was dirty. Mostly food and a dead bug on the floor.

Breakfast was good. The assortment of foods was nice. The eggs were mostly yolks but were still definitely edible. There were sausages and scrambled eggs one day and then a different type of egg and bacon the next. There was also all the normal cold foods and waffles. The waffle maker needed to be sprayed with cooking spray before being used. This was not an issue but most guests did not realize this and their waffles would stick. We did see one staff member put take muffins off a serving tray and then move them in the display case with his hands. That was kind of gross too.

This hotel was way too expensive for the quality. We stayed in several hotels over 2 weeks and this way by far the dirtiest. I don't know if all the normal cleaning staff were on holidays that week or what but it certainly did not meet our expectations.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank watersport84
wingatesheridangm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2010
Dear Sirs,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

Our goal is to not only meet the needsof each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 307-675-1101 Ext. 405.

Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

This hotel has been open for 5 years but you would never know it. It looked like it was brand new! The view of the mountains from the hotel is wonderful. The location is up on top of the hill above downtown Sheridan with not much around it. The only place to eat nearby was the Subway which was located in the gas station. Not a big deal. We just ate dinner elsewhere. The breakfast is very good with plenty of choices from biscuits and gravy, muffins, pastries and bagels. There was also another hot option for breakfast each day. When we were there it was bacon and omelettes one day and sausage and scrambled eggs the next. My only complaint when we stayed was that we wanted to find out the local weather and hotel didn't have any local stations. It didn't matter. It was sunny and in the 80s! We will stay again and I will recommend it to others. It did have an indoor pool and free wi fi as well.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank tmw
Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

This newer Wingate by Wyndham, for a total of $99 to include a hot breakfast, cannot be beat for value!

We targeted this location as a stopping point from Keystone, South Dakota after visits to Deadwood (awful), Spearfish Canyon (beautiful) and Devil's Tower (enchanting) along the way. It is only 70 miles away from Little Bighorn Battlefield Monument which is very much worth a visit as you heads towards Red Lodge and Beartooth Summit.

The property currently sits by itself on a bluff overlooking the gorgeous plains and distant Bighorn mountains. It is a very short drive into town. We ate dinner at 1893 Grille and Spirits which we do NOT recommend.

If you are following a similar route, either west or east, then we highly recommend this establishment because it truly delivers on value!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank StrandsDanville
Berkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

We were obviously unlucky but I feel I must let people know of our experience. My husband booked this hotel rather than the Best Western expecting it to be better. Our experience suggests that although the hotel is very similar, it did not reach the standards of the Best Westerns that we have stayed in, and we have stayed in many over the States.

One of the reception staff in particular needs more training. When you report that the four foot long fluorescent light fitting cover fell off the wall during the night and landed on you causing a cut on your leg you at least expect an accident form to be filled in and a 'how are you' from the manager. The fitting broke on the way down. It was put back on the wall, broken, but not a word did we hear from anyone.

Out of the 7 beds we slept in over the holiday this was the worst one. When my husband moved, so did I, and it was a big bed so there was no excuse. Just a bad mattress. Room 303 by the way.

There was only one over used waffle maker that stuck most times it was used. I hope that by now they have replaced it with two new ones.

The housekeeping staff were not bad, but you need to make sure that they restock coffee making items properly. Towels were changed everyday, which I think is over the top.

The hotel sits high up, and if you are lucky you can have a lovely view. We looked over a building site, and then the nice view! Between the hotel and Sheridan is a railway line, and don't be fooled in to thinking the trains are few and far between - they are not. We got stuck behind a train that stopped over the crossing, not sure if it was bad luck or a regular occurrence. Whatever, the trains are very long and you are kept waiting a long time even if they don't stop.

Laundry was fine, and cheap. Everything was a dollar.
Apart from the waffle machine, breakfast was fine. No restaurant within walking distance unless you count the 'Subway' as a restaurant. Pool looked nice although we did not use it. On the ground floor (first). There were a couple of large tables outside that you could use for a takeaway, or just to sit outside for breakfast or anytime.

Sorry to be so negative. We stayed for 5 days, so some of our problems you would not encounter on a shorter stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CocoaBerkshire
wingatesheridangm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Dear Sirs,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.