“Almost an overload!”

King's Saddlery and Museum
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Sheridan
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum is home to a large collection of artifacts from the Old West and tools of the modern cowboy.
Fulltime RVers
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Almost an overload!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was one of the main things I wanted to visit in Sheridan and was very pleased with what I saw. Way too much to take in with less than 3 hours. I was fascinated with the leather work area.

Visited July 2013

Duluth, Minnesota
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“If you're into horses, roping or riding, you will love this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We had some time to kill in Sheridan, so stopped by this place after seeing it on Trip Advisor. We are not rodeo or horse people so it wasn't something that I would do again but it did have a ton of historic memorabilia in it, so most people are sure to find something that interests them. The man working on leather carving was very nice and answers questions about his craft.

Visited July 2013
Santa Fe, Texas, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good stop for Western History buffs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Sheridan on our way to Little Big Horn. My husband found out about this place from the American Cowboy magazine. Sheridan is a nice town and I wish we had more time to explore it.

The museum is free and is packed with interesting items. By packed, I mean packed ceiling to floor with items. Everything from Old West and Native American items to Hollywood cowboy memorabilia, a Sheep Herders wagon and art. Lots of saddles! The store is nice too. The museum is definitely worth the stop.

Lutterworth
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Saddles to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

The range of saddles in this place is incredible. It's a great place to wander round and there's a museum with loads of interesting things including more saddles of all shapes (well 1 shape really) and designs. There was a custom belt maker doing his thing and his work is well sought after and not cheap. The workmanship that goes into making one of his belts is intricate and it's amazing for an item whose purpose is to hold your pants up. A really worthwhile place to visit and its free. If you're into horses this is a Mecca for equine lovers.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG!!! The history!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place was incredible. We could have spent all day and only had an hour. This place has so much to see. The history and the money in this place was really something to see. They don't charge an admission but I felt guilty that I didn't pay one. There is a gratuity box that I definitely dropped a few dollars in. This is the kind of place that is a secret and you should not miss. But make sure you have plenty of time to see it all. I was disappointed that we could not stay longer.