“Not what I was expecting”
Review of Frackelton's

Frackelton's
Reserve with OpenTable
Frackelton's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Sheridan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: When you think of Frackelton’s you think, distinctive charm, the finest food in town and a tasteful comfortable atmosphere. All those things that would make any restaurant your first choice in Sheridan for lunch dinner or Sunday brunch. And Frackelton’s does not disappoint. Frackelton’s not only goes the extra mile on quality, we are dedicated to bringing that quality to the table with a devotion to freshness and eye appeal. Our chiefs and service staff work to make sure you not only have the most quality experience possible at Frackelton’s today but every time you dine with us… this is exemplified with our “Today’s Market Special” menu items chosen that day for it’s quality and freshness… Many of our dishes can be prepared Gluten Free, just ask your server!
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

As I drove through a scene I have seen too many times in Wyoming, a Main Street. With too many closed businesses, I came upon Frackelton's. What a surprise! Melissa made THE best Manhattan I have ever tasted. It was followed by the best steak I have had in months! Frackelton's is no place to pass up!

2  Thank Eric G

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Arrived without reservation and the place was about 3/4 full but we got a table immediately, right up against a wall with bar type tall chairs. Unfortunately the round seats were fairly large and up against the wall so we were both sitting with one elbow hanging over the table edge. Sat for about 10 minutes before a young lady came by and set two glasses of water before us. No eye contact and not a word of greeting. Another 10 minutes and finally a friendly waiter came by and took drink orders. A few minutes later he brought the drinks and took our orders and now we were nearly 1/2 an hour into it.

The food did arrive fairly quickly and mine was outright excellent! I'd ordered simple clam linguine as something that's tough to mess up. But far from being messed up it was heavenly! Al dente pasta with clams still in the shell with a perfectly light sauce. Have had this dish dozens of times in my life and this is among the very best. And my wife's "safe" choice of ravioli was excellent also. Then we finished off sharing a piece of turtle cheesecake. Again, perfect. And the total price? $35.51pre tip

The initial tardiness of service had us ready to leave. But from the time our waiter took the order the experience was exceptional. And this was in Sheridan, Wyoming showing just how far dining experiences have improved across the wide USA over the last few years. If you're in Sheridan stop here. Maybe make a reservation ... it might speed up the excellent food experience.

1  Thank MNEAustin
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Great place to take the family for dinner. We were in town overnight and were happy we found this place.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

There's a reason frackelton's is rated so well on TripAdvisor... Great food and atmosphere, clean, fast, good wine and beer list AND incredibly affordable for the quality! I regularly use TA to find good eats when my husband and I travel and this was the most satisfied we've ever been with a highly rated restaurant. Yummy house salad and pasta dishes. It has a menu and food quality we normally associate with more expensive and stiff feeling locale. My husband was thrilled.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

The bartender at the Mint Bar recommended this place. It was within walking distance.

I did not care for the hostess who literally wrinkled up her nose and said something that sounded like ugh, when I said I was by myself. She was wearing these very high heels and walked with some difficulty. I could have easily tripped her, but I didn’t.

She started to seat me at a high top table and I thought, no way could I get up there on my best day, but especially with a pulled muscle in my butt (don't ask) , and I asked if I could have a regular table. That didn’t go over well, either. She quickly turned and headed off in the direction of a table. As I was explaining my predicament, she tossed the menu on the table and walked off. I hollered out, “Ok, we’ll talk later!” but she didn’t act like she heard. I hate it when my sarcasm is lost.

Fortunately, though service from the server was VERY good. I ordered a cheeseburger w/ thousand island dressing and what they called truffle fries. Hmmm, they did not have any truffle flavor or scent at all. But you can’t go wrong w/ shoestring fries which these were.

When I left, the place was getting full, and it’s clearly a popular place to visit. If I had had more time here, I'd definitely return.

2  Thank Felicia D