“This has been a good experience.”

Americas Best Value Inn Sheridan
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed April 26, 2010

The owner was very friendly, they have a on sight laundry, and offer a fine free breakfast. They have a fridge and microwave in their rooms. I would recommend this stop to anyone who is traveling this way.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2009

Traveling through Sheridan and needed a place for the night. The room was clean, and the fridge was handy. The breakfast was better than expected. The room was quiet, except for the AC unit which howled, but once the room was cooled down we just shut it off and had a good night sleep in a comfy clean bed.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We were headed for a wedding in Sheridan, WY. I called several motels and the America's Best Value Inn was head and shoulders above anything else in Sheridan. A gal by the name of Joy answered the phone and the rest is pleasant history. She booked 10 rooms for our families with a GREAT rate - even suggested that I go on-line and get a 15% discount card that could be found there. Every time I called to book a room or change the number of nights someone was staying, she was super to work with. When we arrived and during our stay, she was very friendly and worked hard to keep us all near each other at the motel. She was also in charge of the breakfast and it was well stocked and very clean every morning. I would recommend this motel to everyone as it was easy to get to off I-90 and close to downtown and places to eat. The rooms were very pleasant and clean. Their number is [--] - so if you are in the Sheridan, WY area, give them a call and ask for Joy - she is indeed a Joy to work with to make your stay a great experience. There is the best "fitness center" a motel could have - mountains right behind the motel that will give you the best workout ever!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2009

My daughters and I stayed here in July on our way to Yellowstone. I was not impressed, not even for the price. I was not impressed with the man who checked us in. I felt as if we were putting him out by checking in later (about 8pm). We walked into the room and I thought please let it at least be clean which it was. The hotel really needs an update, as previously said. The bathroom was in very bad shape. When sitting on the toilet it felt like you were on a rocking chair. The door did not fully close and the tub was very old. The beds were comfortable for a nights’ sleep. I did check to ensure they were clean. My girls, not picky by any means, were not too happy. All I could say to them was it was only one night and to get some sleep and we would be out soon enough. They did not complain, but their faces said it all. I put my suitcase in front of the door as I was not sure it was locked tight.

Breakfast was a little odd. Was not sure how clean it was going to be. A lady had come right before we got there and pretty much wiped them out. We had to wait a few minutes to get things restocked. Not their fault, people need to be considerate of other travelers. The lady stocking breakfast did not look as if she enjoyed her job and did not make us feel welcome. Could have used a second waffle iron as we waited 15 minutes to make ours. Nothing was what I would consider good, just okay.

What surprised me the most was there was a camper that looked like it was permanently there next to the hotel that was quite run down and nasty looking. Very strange to say the least. I would pay double the price and stay someplace different.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Easy to get to right off the interstate. Close to town. Friendly Staff. Very quiet,Clean, Comfortable and roomy. Has frig and mirowave. Great breakfast. Would Stay again. Great Price!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We selected this motel because they allow dogs. They didn't charge us extra though I think they normally do. The room was clean but in terrible need of work. Half the door jam on the bathroom was gone. The shower and tub needed to be replaced. The door and lock were iffy. The sheets were torn. The A/C was so noisy I woke up every half hour all night long. It was a nightmare. We didn't figure out how to turn it off until the morning. The room was the smallest I have stayed in in about 20 years when I last stayed in a Motel 6. We paid $79. I think that was high. The breakfast was a little above average for the "free" hotel breakfasts.

If the price was right and you are traveling with a dog then this would probably suit you for a night but be warned it looks shabby, though it is clean.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed here one night on our trip to the Bighorn's . It's not the fanciestmotel, but it was clean and very qiuet. I would never have quess they were full. The front desk gal was very pleasant. yes, the king bed, was really 2 twins together, but it wasn't that bad. It didn't affect our sleep. Our first floor room had a frig and microwave.
The breakfast included: waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, bagels, juice, coffee, tea, hot hard-boiled eggs and fresh fruit. Considering the price of other places in town, we call it a good value.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple