“Needs updating”

Americas Best Value Inn Sheridan
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We selected this motel because they allow dogs. They didn't charge us extra though I think they normally do. The room was clean but in terrible need of work. Half the door jam on the bathroom was gone. The shower and tub needed to be replaced. The door and lock were iffy. The sheets were torn. The A/C was so noisy I woke up every half hour all night long. It was a nightmare. We didn't figure out how to turn it off until the morning. The room was the smallest I have stayed in in about 20 years when I last stayed in a Motel 6. We paid $79. I think that was high. The breakfast was a little above average for the "free" hotel breakfasts.

If the price was right and you are traveling with a dog then this would probably suit you for a night but be warned it looks shabby, though it is clean.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed here one night on our trip to the Bighorn's . It's not the fanciestmotel, but it was clean and very qiuet. I would never have quess they were full. The front desk gal was very pleasant. yes, the king bed, was really 2 twins together, but it wasn't that bad. It didn't affect our sleep. Our first floor room had a frig and microwave.
The breakfast included: waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, bagels, juice, coffee, tea, hot hard-boiled eggs and fresh fruit. Considering the price of other places in town, we call it a good value.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The only nice thing I can say about this place is the woman at the desk was very pleasant and quick to refund our money after we basically ran from the room after entering, which would make you wonder if this was not an uncommon event. After I was finally able to get the key to work in the door, upon opening the door, the headlights from our vehicle clearly showed the dust and dirt on the dresser top, not to mention the sagging bed. Upon looking around the corner into the bathroom, there were two spiders tangling from webs and the tub was dirty. Despite the explanation from the hotel that often pests are a problem in that part of the country, I am sorry, they were not passing by, the spiders were there long enough to have spun their webs. I can only hope that the room had actually been cleaned after the last occupants, but just had not been used for some time nor inspected for upkeep. I would have slept in my vehicle before sleeping in that room.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2009

The hotel is ok for the price but the rooms could definitely use some remodeling. It looks like someone has started to work on the rooms but I could do a better job of repairing/painting. The door lock was a little sketchy. There wasn't any hand soap in the room so we had to use the body wash in the shower to wash our hands. The breakfast was ok but nothing special. My husband was happy that they had hardboiled eggs to eat. I will probably look at some different hotels when I travel through even though I would be willing to stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We were traveling through Wyoming and looking for a motel to spend the night and be on our way early the next morning. The motel clerk (young lady) was very nice the evening we checked in - very helpful and gave us the best rate possible.
The room was large, clean and met our needs perfectly.
The breakfast was awesome - almost everything you could want with lots of room.

I left my pillow in the room. On our return trip, I called the motel and asked if they still had my pillow. The gentleman who answered the phone asked for a description. I gave it to him and he said, how soon will you be here? It will be waiting for you in the office.

I have a bad neck and would have really missed my favorite pillow.
Thanks for a very good experience. We will stay at this motel again when traveling through from South Dakota to Washington.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Enjoy98
Reviewed September 24, 2008

This is a good motel and a good price.
It is an older motel but very clean and modernized.
We did not travel with a pet but they do accept pets.

I did contact the motel and saved a few $ than booking it through AAA. I had a specific room accomodation due to health reasons and they met those needs.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2008

The rooms are basic and require an update but they are adequate and clean. The service is great. The guy that checked us in was very helpful and chatty and offered free tokens for the trolley bus tour of Sheridan. We used the tokens and the tour picks up at the hotel entrance every hour and then takes you round the town with the driver/tour guide explaining its history. We were the only passengers and you couldn't hear very well what the driver was saying but it was nice to sit back and enjoy the view. The lady on the front desk later in the evening was great. My Mum had left her camera case on the trolley and as a storm brewed they cancelled the rest of the tours but the lady at the front desk phoned round for us and had someone drop the case off to the hotel - service above and beyond :)
The breakfast was great - all the cereals, toast, boiled eggs, pastries and drinks you could want in huge quantities.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family