“Nice, new place- Beautiful views of the Big Horn Mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Sheridan

Motel 6 Sheridan
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Sheridan
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice, new place- Beautiful views of the Big Horn Mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a newer hotel right off the freeway on a ridge overlooking the city with great views of the Big Horn Mountains. Nice room, easy check-in. Dog-friendly. Nice vending machines. There is a Subway Sandwich place not too far up the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
winona mn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

After a long hot week of travel we thought we'd treat ourselves to an indoor pool. (wife,me, 7yr old son). It closed early evening....still had the morning so tragedy averted...for now. Morning comes, it doesn't open until 9 and checkout is 10., still ok, enough time to let wife and son swim while I pack things up. The manager who later claimed to be the owner told her it was closed, and very rudely told them it wasn't his problem. They came back to the room...upset....still no big deal, I'll just ask for an adjustment . It got weird!!!! So I talked to the manager, told him we'd waited several hours that morning for the pool, we came here for THAT specifically I explained, and requested an adjustment...$15-$20. I talked to the front end manger (JIME), who later told me he was the owner. He turned irrational and psycho, told me to get my wife, she could swim in the cold pool, he never told her she couldn't.(he did, and she was sitting out in the packed van ready to go) He told me get out, and ripped the paper he'd written his name on previously. My voice did not raise and I literally stood their with my mouth open. He had this psychotic outburst in front of other guests coming off the elevator.. I understand corporate won't involve themselves with independent owners, so I will never stay at ANY motel 6 again!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, lots more next exit, or just go into town, tons of clean nice inns!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank jason m

Travelers are raving about these Sheridan hotels

Casper, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This Motel 6 is very nice. The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and kind. Pool area is clean but they don't have towels down there so you have to bring some from your room. As for the room itself, very clean and quiet. We stayed in a single queen with a crib for our young son and there was enough room to walk around. The microwave is stacked on top of the fridge and they sit right next to the bed so you have to listen to the fridge hum all night. The comforter and TV are pretty out of date. My main problem with the room is that there is NO CLOCK. So if you're staying there you need to bring your own for an alarm or ask for a wake-up call. Otherwise its a nice hotel for a short stay. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Acampo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed in many Motel 6 hotels in my many travels, but this one was the very best! Absolutely sparkling with an indoor pool and the neatest well kept laundry with all machines operating! The gentleman who assigned our rooms was pleasant and helpful --- offering any assitance asked for by us!

Room Tip: It does not take much to trigger your intuition when you travel a lot! Check out the little things...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hyattville, WY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

During my visit I had the choice of staying at the Hampton Inn across the road of the Motel 6. From the outside, they are very equally comparable. I chose the Motel 6 because it looked fresh, clean, and new, and the price was about half that of the Hampton. I traveled in April so the other reports of rooms being too warm in summer didn't bother me. However, I was disappointed in the hotel. The exterior looked nice and new - but the interior was supplied with what seemed like third-rate used materials. Bedding was soiled, mattress and pillows were saggy, covers were threadbare, and the bathroom had no toiletries or hair dryer. After a fitful night here, I moved to the Hampton Inn across the street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dotty_Comma
M6_GM4227, General Manager at Motel 6 Sheridan, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Motel 6 Sheridan. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Motel 6 nationwide does not provide certain amenities in the room, but they are available from the front desk at your request.

Mumtaz Khan
Motel 6
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Didn't need anything more than a bed on the way through to Montana, but got a room on the second floor with a fridge in case I had to store food from the raid trip. Room was quiet, very clean, pillows a bit thin but didn't mind because of exhaustion. Staff was friendly, place is bright and modern, and I loved it!

Second night, on my way back 4 or 5 days later, and oh boy was it a different experience all together. Walk in to my room (again on second floor), this time on the opposite side of the hotel near the interstate, it smelled heavily of smoke, but the linens & curtains were fine. Housekeeper had sucked down a few cigarettes before starting mostly likely. I know how it can be, I work front desk at a hotel, and interact with lots of staff. The noise from the road combined with loud guests using the stairs my room was immediately next to meant I didn't sleep until well past midnight. I could hear everything because there wasn't any strip under my door to seal it shut. The bright beam of light that came out was also enough to keep me up, even with my back turned to it.
4 on the way up (wished there were bagels or muffins) and a 1 on the way back.

Remind your staff to not suck down a pack of cigarettes before they start cleaning, because that smoke smell comes off their clothes and it's almost as bad as if someone HAD been smoking in there. Also, like another guest said, GET NEW PILLOWS!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Kim B
Dear Guest:

Mumtaz Khan
Motel 6
Wildersville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My Husband and I were on our way home from an Alaska trip. We stopped here and I was surprised the room was larger than another Motel 6 I had stayed. The other motel room was so small the bed was against the wall.But this room was large enough and nice also clean.We would stay here again Betty and Lynn Smith from West Tn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple