“We will likely never stay in any Motel 6 again.”
Review of Motel 6 Sheridan

Motel 6 Sheridan
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We arrived at the Motel 6 in the evening, just passing through Sheridan on our way to Yellowstone. If you book a Motel 6, you generally understand what you are getting yourself into. Even for Motel 6 standards, this was disgraceful. Upon first entering the NON-SMOKING room, there was the distinct odor of cigarette smoke. Additionally, it did not take us long to realize that the A/C was not working. We alerted the front desk to ask for a room change only to be told that there were no rooms available - the hotel was completely sold out. We were told that the manager would be contacted, and a portable A/C brought to our room. After some time waiting in limbo, the young man at the front desk came to our door with a fan telling us that the portable units were all being used by OTHER rooms that had no A/C. He also noted that the manager said that sometimes cigarette smoke traveled through the ventilation in the bathroom, and keeping the door closed may help. The manager additionally offered a 5% discount. I said I would wait to speak with him in the morning if we we stayed the night. By then it was quite late, and even though we were exhausted we called the few other hotels in town, but were told that due to a rodeo, most if not all were sold out. Reluctantly, we attempted and largely failed to get some sleep.

In the morning, I made my way to the abandoned font desk. After perhaps 10 minutes of knocking on the counter and asking fairly loudly down the hallways if anyone could assist, the manager himself finally appeared. I explained who I was, and he said that he was indeed contacted about our situation and was sorry because this is a "nice Motel 6". I advised him that what transpired was completely unacceptable at any price. He then proceeded to tell me he could offer me no more than 5%, and that the rate we got was already below the rate for two people at the lower rate that comes with online booking. We had booked our rates online, and had the email to prove it. He would not budge, and was very dismissive. I promised him a poor tripadvisory, as well as contacting corporate. My fiance, dog, & I spent a month driving across the country and back. This was far and away the worst experience of the trip.

Room Tip: Stay at a different motel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mioski19
Mumtaz K, Manager at Motel 6 Sheridan, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to notify us of the issues you encountered at the Motel 6 in Sheridan, WY. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfactory. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that the issues you have brought up have been passed along to the staff of the hotel and the appropriate action has been taken. We do value you as our guest and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future when your travel plans take you through Sheridan, Wyoming. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Mumtaz Khan

Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is a pretty new Motel 6 and it was fantastic. Very nice young man checked us in and gave us some pointers on the town. It was clean, safe and over all a very nice hotel. Our room was clean and the beds comfortable. Great option right on the freeway in Sheridan!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GraceRDH
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We chose this place because of the pet-friendly policy. We know that Motel 6's are not luxury, but we aren't paying for luxury either. However, we do expect to get a good night's sleep in a quiet room and on a clean comfortable mattress. Although we requested an upstairs room, we were given a downstairs room because they had made some error. Parking near our room was next to impossible due to some sporting event in Sheridan, and we understand this. However, the mattress was really uncomfortable and the sheets had a few blonde hairs on them (neither my boyfriend or I are blonde). I called the front desk but they said they are busy and that housekeeping would look into it in the morning. We were there one night, so this was an empty promise to us. The walls were really thin and we could hear the kids in the next room and the parents screaming at them for what seemed to be all night. After one loud thump, my pomeranian puppy began to bark and the manager called us and told us to be quiet! We couldn't believe it! We left there early the next day and will contact Motel 6 headquarters about this place.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms with few neighbors!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank theflyingcordovas
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The only coffee available is in the lobby in the morning.
Referigerators and microwaves available, I did not ask the cost.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Had to stay at a hotel during the daughter-in-laws wedding as I was from out of town and there was no room at any of the family's places (all the other immediate family visitors had already dibbs-ed their sofas) so Motel 6 was recommended. I was able to set a reservation quickly with the manager who greeted me on my arrival. The room was quiet, clean, and had access to both the side parking and the front lobby. The manager made sure there was fresh coffee (both kinds) and hot tea water, newspapers and any information I needed by way of directions, places to eat, parks and museums. My stay there for two nights was wonderful.

Room Tip: Call early - as soon as you know your route.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I tried to stay there on my way home from a dog show on the East coast. I had stayed in Motel 6 's all the way to Pennsylvania and back.

When I tried to check in, planning to leave the dogs in the van for the night (they are more comfortable), I was not allowed to check in. The manager didn't want any dogs out in the parking lot, in case they may have barked, and disturbed anyone.

I had always parked away from the buidling, just for that reason, and never had any issues with any other Motel 6..................except the one in Sheridan, Wyoming !!

Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank roslar
Reviewed September 3, 2010

No frills, but comfortable and clean. The pet-friendliness of the motel was very important to me and I was very happy with the accommodations for both myself and my dog. And no additional charge for my pet.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business