“Perfectly acceptable choice, but not remarkable”
Review of Mill Inn

and 1 more site!
Mill Inn
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel/motel (some rooms open into halls, others onto outside walkways) was perfectly okay, but I am suspicious of some of the rave reviews below. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was scanty -- plan on going to McD's across the street if you want eggs or meat. The best feature of this property, for families with older children, is the availability of reasonably-priced 'triples' -- 3 queen size beds in a single room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JAMES B

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Better than I expected. We stayed in the "condo". For about the same price as an average hotel room we had an apartment! A full kitchen, huge living room, two bedrooms and a bathroom. Very, very clean. Great staff, good breakfast, fantastic coffee, quiet and comfortable.Wish I could take this hotel and plant it every where we go. Very much enjoyed the Christian magazine too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Very clean, neat and quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful when booking. Quaint lobby and breakfast area. Loved reading about the history of the mill. Would definitely stay here again. And I have to say they had the absolute best hotel coffee I have ever had (Starbucks)! Thank you.

p.s. I did not notice a Christian magazine in the room but had I noticed one I would have applauded! I hope that they were not removed because of a review. I only had Irish Cream creamer (ick) in my room but I didn't feel the need to complain about it to the staff. I didn't want to use it so I didn't. If you were offended by the Christian magazine...just don't look at it....really.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jackie L
Reviewed January 22, 2012

What impressed me most about this Hotel was the Christian Magazine that was on my nightstand. I commend this Hotel for having the wisdom and courage to display their faith by leaving the magazine. This country was founded on Christian Values and I pity the person who expressed their complaint stating the magazine was an infringement on "their space." Their attitude is an infringement on this country which was founded upon Christian values. People came to this country to escape religious persecution and now, here in this country which prides itself on religious freedom, Christians are being persecuted by attitudes such as the complaint over a Christian magazine left in their room. I could go on, but this review is about the Inn, and I give it a 5 star rating. As I said before, I commend the owners to exercise their religious freedom by display whatever material they choose in their hotel.. I hope they continue to do so and if they offend 100 people for the salvation of 1, it will be well worth it. Many blessings!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank laurie v
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I hate to be negative about such a nice place. The staff were friendly. Our room was huge and had everything you could want. The breakfast was very good. My complaint is with the religious material left on the nightstand. I really felt that this was an infringement on 'my space' and said so to the morning clerk. This is standard practice at this hotel so if finding evangelical literature tucked under your TV listings would offend you, you might not want to stay here.

Room Tip: The main floor room on the end is huge, though it is close to the road and there is some road noise...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank twobirdnuts
Reviewed December 4, 2011

The Mill Inn made me feel at home with the friendly receptionists, and I loved the historic feel and information available on the site's history was fascinating. To top it off, the price was perfect for a traveler like me who is on a budget. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Spent a month on the road and this was best bang for the buck. Not only a great price but you get clean, comfortable accomodations with friendly staff. The breakfast was very good in a lovely dining area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple