“Stay as far away from this motel as humanly possible!”
Review of Super 8

Super 8
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My pillow had long black hair on them (I'm blonde). They have smoking rooms right next to non-smoking rooms. Last, but not least the glorious train track right next door and the train blows its whistle every hour at least!

Room Tip: Book this motel if you don't plan on sleeping!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cmburkart
UV G, General Manager at Super 8, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 307-6729725.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We booked this hotel as we have enjoyed Super 8 for many, many other cities and have always trusted them. This hotel should NOT be one of their properties! The rooms were shabby and not well cleaned. The breakfast "buffet" was a joke and worthless! the night person was less than welcoming or even helpful when asked about restaurants. There is a new Motel 6 a few blocks away and you should stay there and save your money and your attitude. This is NOT the place for you and I understand why it was not very full. Locals were horrified that we had stayed there when they found out. Super 8 needs to let this property go or spend a LOT of money bringing it up to their standards! They could have saved a little of this review if they (the hotel) might have tried even a little on the breakfast. But,...they didn't! There was nothing to give a good remark on.

Room Tip: To get the best room....go to any other hotel....the Motel 6 is only a couple of years old and good!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelguyAnacortes

Reviewed June 23, 2011

While not the most brilliant hotel, it was satisfactory for us.

At check inn, we were allocated a street side room to be away from the Railroad.

As it was a Sunday, there was not much in the way of road traffic, so pretty quiet considering.

Room was clean, contained microwave/fridge.

Easy to get to downtown area which was quite interesting with the street art on various corners.

Agree with previous comments about eating places open on sundays, but not impossible.

Room Tip: Street Side on a Sunday was quieter than railroad.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip. Super 8 hotels are usually better than this one. I did not experience nearly the same problems as most of the reviews on this site, however I echo a few things. The train tracks are close by, but I only heard one or two trains. I think a lot of the reviews may have over done the train thing, but I also may have stayed on a quieter night. Lets just say Sheridan is a ghost town after 9 PM on a Monday.

Back to the hotel...
The floors in the hall were dirty and I could tell this hotel was in need of a renovation. I'd estimate it to be 25 years old at least. The back door (or rather, side door) is not secure, so anyone can walk in at will, however my door locked secure. Nothing I used in the bathroom was broken. There were a few spots that had been missed by the cleaning persons. Parts of the bathroom looked older than others, especially the shower. The beds were average, with flat pillows. I suggest bringing your own. I got a non-smoking room, and I could smell smoke in the room, but it went away when I turned on the AC, which worked fine.

The TV worked fine too, but the internet was painfully slow to non-existent. My laptop received three routers named Super 8, and all three had poor range, and slow speed. What's funny is I could also receive the router of the hotel across the street!! Not a biggie complaint in my book, but improvements could be made to their "free WIFI".

The breakfast is small, but I didn't really have time or need to fully explore this. At least its offered, that's all I can say. I didn't find the staff unfriendly. I do wish they hadn't put me right next to some drunkards though. I'd have rather viewed the Bighorns instead of the train tracks. I also wish I would have been put on the 2nd floor, so I wouldn't hear people above me, but again, not like it was that big of a problem. I was here for sleep only, I don't need the whole bag of chips.

The main problem I had was probably not the fault of the hotel, but as the man at the front desk said, Map quest has a bug in their GPS map software. What this means is GPS units (mine is a Garmin and suffered this problem) will likely show the hotel closer towards downtown Sheridan when in fact it is near the farthest north exit off of the interstate. If your GPS tells you that the Super 8 is actually the Best Western downtown, you may want to consider staying there over this hotel :D

This Super 8 is on the low end of the many I have stayed at. I would recommend checking other hotels first.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Even though the price was great - place was dirty. Rooms were blah and needed some serious updating. The bathroom was cleaner that I had expected. Was almost scared to sleep under the covers. Breakfast was a joke. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2010

The room was big and ok but the hotel is very close to a railway and those trains were SO loud and very frequent!!!You WILL need earplugs.
Second, I forgot my boyfriend's T-Shirt in the room, and I remembered exactly where so I called the same day. The guy said nothing had been turned in by the cleaning staff. So I had to ask him to go check at the exact spot where I left it: supposedly nothing. So where was it??? He was very clod, VERY annoyed by my call, never offered to do ANYTHING. I had to call back to tell him this t-shirt couldn't have disappeared and ask him if he could leave a note to the person who cleaned the room. He was very very annoyed and when I asked "so should I try calling back tomorrow" he said "yes, go ahead and do that!" on the rudest tone possible...
The day after, I called back, and a very nice lady told me the t-shirt was there. I am sure the guy I spoke with was the one who cleaned my room and wanted to keep the t-shirt for himself.
Then, they fractured me $6 to send it, with a stamp of $2.24....

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 14, 2010

This was the poorest hotel on our Yellowstone Road trip. Room was a bit shabby and the Motel is located in an industrial area of town. Compared to the Super 8 we had stayed in at Keystone the previous night it was not good value, almost 50% more expensive.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple