“Scary entry to room”

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Scary entry to room”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I found myself doing a balancing act with my suitcase as I climbed up the slanted step at the door! However, staff was very helpful and friendly. The air conditioner kept the room comfortable on a hot night. It was the best night sleep of three days in a row on the road. The pool was not available for a quick dip while we were there but we just really needed sleep, so it was a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pacarancher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Roberts, mt
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Room was tiny, which was not bad, but the bed was probably harder than the floor. Very uncomfortable! The tub had hair in it and there were flies in the room when I arrived. I had to chase them down before I went to bed or they would have bugged me all night! When I arrived, the clerk was nice, but the room was VERY HOT! I had to stuff paper in one side of each air conditioner vent for the vents to blow out instead of straight up. It did cool eventually, but it took about 2 hours. It was not the nicest or cleanest, but it was very quiet. One good thing...

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and be comfortable!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gayle L

Travelers are raving about these Sheridan hotels

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice clean motel on North side of downtown. Rooms are small as compared to newer hotels but okay. Very friendly staff and owners. Lots of pride in ownership here with fresh paint and beautiful flowers. I was there 3 nights. Bed was extremely comfortable. For the prices charged; however, they could upgrade the TVs which are the old CRT type and the picture is getting rather dark....LOL. Also the internet was intermittant and pretty slow. Netflix had trouble loading.

Its about 3 blocks from "The ChopHouse" which, in my opinion, has the best dinners in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

From the road, this hotel is not much to look at. However my room was clean, but EXTREMELY SMALL! Like, Hobbit small. At first I thought it didn't even have a bathroom, but found the tiny thing behind what I thought was a closet door. There is ZERO counter space for toiletries, and no exhaust vent in the restroom either. And the shower drained very, very slowly. While taking a ten minute shower the water almost filled the tub, and after exiting it took almost 30 minutes to completely drain. There is a good size fridge, a microwave, coffee maker and an effective air conditioner even though it was fairly noisy. This hotel is good for a nights' stay, but for an extended trip go elsewhere.

Room Tip: pick a corner room as parking is very tight
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kent, Washington
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The short version of this review is: Bleech !!! The only nice thing I have to say about this was that the manager readily provided us a refund. I think he gets a lot of practice at that.

The two room suite we had reserved was small, dark and dirty. I am not sure if the pictures on the website are really old or are of another location. As we were getting our refund, another couple was checking in. A half hour later, that couple checked into the Quality Inn where we ended up staying. This experience shakes my faith in the Choice Hotels chains.

Room Tip: Choose a room some where else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank eightlugs
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed June 6, 2013

1st off all, we checked in at 6 pm and did not get back into the room until 230 am. We were outside cause the rooms were very warm and we noticed a couple jump into the pool, which was closed at the time and giggled when the manager and 2 employees came running out yelling at them. The manager looked over are way and yelled " you w_o_r_s get back into your room. Why would a grown business man call 30 year old women such names? 10 minutes later we get a pounding on the door and it was the police telling us to leave. The officer said they do this all the time and we have to leave. I told the officer he called us names and were getting kicked out? He apologized and that was all the officer could do. The police were amazing, the management is "unbelievable" We didn't even get under the sheets of the beds and he still charged me. Also, 4 days later there was a $100.00 ex charge for what he said was cigarets all over the room. REALLY? none of us smoke. He was doing this to be rude and show his real character. We had to leave at 530 am and our drive is 2 hours. I will never stay at a Rodeway Inn ever again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Destany D
Gardiner, Montana
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We aren't really picky. We were honestly just looking for a bed to sleep in after back country camping for several days and a shower. So we basically ignored the bad reviews and booked a room through Expedia. Check in took a while, but overall our experience started okay until we got to the room. It was a super small room that didn't really register as tiny until I bent over to untie my shoes on the other side of the room and I was blocking my boyfriend from getting into the bathroom. We then discovered that the water is freezing cold in the shower unless you waste five minutes worth of water on full blast. But like I said, we just wanted a bed and a shower. The only thing is, we stayed at a Super 8 for like $8 more and had a much bigger room, a queen sized bed, an awesome breakfast, and a gloriously hot shower. Rodeway isn't WORST you could get but you can do waaayyyy better for the price.

Room Tip: Let the water run for while to get a non freezing temperature Don't book at the Rodeway Inn and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple