“Go Somewhere Else”

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Sheridan
Gardiner, Montana
“Go Somewhere Else”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We aren't really picky. We were honestly just looking for a bed to sleep in after back country camping for several days and a shower. So we basically ignored the bad reviews and booked a room through Expedia. Check in took a while, but overall our experience started okay until we got to the room. It was a super small room that didn't really register as tiny until I bent over to untie my shoes on the other side of the room and I was blocking my boyfriend from getting into the bathroom. We then discovered that the water is freezing cold in the shower unless you waste five minutes worth of water on full blast. But like I said, we just wanted a bed and a shower. The only thing is, we stayed at a Super 8 for like $8 more and had a much bigger room, a queen sized bed, an awesome breakfast, and a gloriously hot shower. Rodeway isn't WORST you could get but you can do waaayyyy better for the price.

Room Tip: Let the water run for while to get a non freezing temperature Don't book at the Rodeway Inn and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Koolguydat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My experience with the management of this motel was unbelieveable!!! He is arrogant, rude, and really doesn't care if you stay here or not. He also treats his staff as he does the public. Even after contacting the Corporate office of Rodeway Inn & Suites with a complaint, I was told they do not control their franchises. Can you believe that??? Believe me, I will sleep in my car before I would ever PAY to stay at a Rodeway Inn! We are PAYING CUSTOMERS and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank phyllis m

Travelers are raving about these Sheridan hotels

Cloquet, Minnesota
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We travel to sheridan, wy to go over the big horn mountain.
the hotel was easy to find. The staff was very friendly.
We stayed two nights.
We had a great time.
This area is very easy to get to all of the places you want to see.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The owner of this place is so rude- I will never stay here again. Saw him with a service person there to do work, and he was horrible to that guy too. Looks nice from the outside, but I was not at all impressed with the inside.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else and get a better value for your money.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank TravelingWander32
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed July 23, 2012

....Cuz that's the only thing good about this place. Kahn should stick to gardening. The rooms are WAAAYYYYY over priced. I think they have to charge more to afford all the fancy cars parked out front with "Kahn" on the lisc. plates. Old and small and my kids had to haul their own bucket of water to the top of the rickety old water slide. The guy in the office was a jerk. "Breakfast" was a joke. Kahn has his name on the Rodeway Inn in Billings too. Similar accomodations only no pretty flowers!! I usually feel comfortable staying at any Choice Hotel but I'm disappointed that they have allowed this guy to hang up their sign.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank momanddadplusthree
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Clean room; small room; stuffy and hot; tiny bathroom with showerhead too low (I am only 5'7"). Not impressed.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank MontanaHorsewoman
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Forty years ago, this motel might have been called the Sheridan Motor Court, and on Main Street it fits right in because there are several similar old-style motels nearby. My room was small (as was the bathroom); but it was clean and the high-quality mattress was very comfortable. Since you can park right in front of your door, unloading the car is a snap. The room had a mini-fridge, the cable TV carried all of the popular channels, and the heated outdoor pool (which has a kiddie slide) was long enough for lap-swimming. The Main Street location means that there is a wide selection of restaurants in the area, and a nearby liquor store carries an impressive selection of wines from all over the world. On the downside, the "free breakfast" offered limited choices; so if you enjoy a hearty breakfast, you will have to head for a restaurant. Using my AAA discount, the week-night tab came to $74 (which included hefty Wyoming taxes). An old property like this is certainly not for everyone; but I got a great night's sleep for a fairly reasonable price.

Room Tip: Half of the rooms are across the (side) street. So if you don't want a short walk to the office...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo