“Fasinating History”

Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Sheridan
More attraction details
Owner description: A historic battlefield.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I enjoyed stopping by and seeing the location of the old fort. There are no standing walls or building but everything is well marked and explained. The museum on site does a good job of telling the history of the fort and the area.

There are newer reviews for Fort Phil Kearny State Historic Site

Reviewed September 3, 2013

off beaten path and were short on time but very interesting and knowledgeable staff. Not too many visitor while there. godd museum and a diorama of the fort itself.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a great time when we visited Fort Phil Kearny during our recent roadtrip. Other comments are right - there are only ruins left from the original fort, but this just added to the atmosphere. The high point were the volunteers in the visitor centre, very knowledgeable and friendly. Would strongly recommend it.

1  Thank mammyof2
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wonderful historic place to stop! Be sure to stop at the various battlefields nearby as well! Beautiful setting and serene place.

1  Thank DodiLW
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I enjoyed being able to walk the areas of history that I've only read about. I would suggest going to Ft Phil Kearney first to get an overall view of the areas around it. My grand daughter and I walked the Fetterman Battlefield site and then went to the fort with my wife and grandson.
The museum is nice; good video presentation; good people staffing the place. Hopefully I get a chance to go back and spend some more time....