“Happy surprise”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Palm Springs, California
“Happy surprise”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I booked this room after reading some mixed reviews. When we pulled up, I wasn't sure I'd made the right decision. Our room was in a back building that was a bit tricky to find. Luckily, we were given a map at check-in. The building was right off the train track which added to my concern. However, once inside the room, I was pleasantly surprised! The room was clean and comfortable. It was easy for me to navigate my wheelchair around the room. They had a very easily accessible roll-in shower. There was no noise from trains or any of the neighbors. They have a delicious restaurant on site. My husband had baby rack ribs which were so good! I had the Southwest salad which came with a jalapeno ranch they made there. Delicious! While maybe the location is not as desirable (read: not within walking distance to downtown), it's only a 2 minutes drive, and is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: The wifi didn't reach the back building where our room was located.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed at the Trails End on July 21, 2014 on the way to Denver.

This is an older, one floor motel.

The room was spotless, and spacious. I like this older style of motel since you can park at the door.

My room, which came to about $100 for the night, had two bedrooms, with nice HDTVs in both rooms.

There are only two minor complaints: my room did not have a chair and table and the blinds on the windows were not easy to close.

The room, however, had one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Darryl F
Helmond, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Motel is older, but nice. Check in was friendly. Rooms look country style with wooden ceilings. Rooms are big with fridge and microwave. Everything was clean ans nice. Breakfast in the morning and an indoor pool wich we did not use.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank queenie1000
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Pulled off into Sheridan late evening with 2 children and 2 adults. Just needed 1 night and wasn't sure what to expect. Much to our surprise it was very clean and comfortable. Everyone we met was real nice and helpful too. If you are ever in this part of Wyoming I highly reccommend a stay at this hotel. Decent breakfast too! Will keep in mind for my travels! Thank You for making this one of the better motels we stayed in during our 2 week road trip travels!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shoreview, Minnesota
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We needed a place to spend the night on our trip and I did a little research on-line about some of the hotels in Sheridan, WY. I saw this place had fairly decent reviews and thought we take a chance. Front desk clerks were very nice and helpful. I asked if the rooms were remodeled and they said the furnishings were replaced. We got the last non-smoking room. It had two bedrooms in it which was a surprise. The beds were very comfortable, clean room and the bathroom was decent. The tub/shower was a little old and needed work but everything worked well. They had a fridge and microwave in the room. The only problem was that the person next to us had their TV on all night and I could hear it. We also decided to dine at the attached restaurant. Very nice decor' and atmosphere. I ordered the rib eye steak and my husband had the smoked bbq pork ribs. My steak came and it didn't look like a rib eye steak at all. It looked like a thick sirloin tip. I decided to go ahead and try it and to my surprise it was very tasty and tender. Their dinner salad was excellent. It wasn't just a gob of lettuce placed on a plate. It was a nice array of lettuces and veggies and the dressing was awesome. After we finished our meal and got a "To Go" container, I made mention to my husband that I didn't think that was a rib eye steak. The waitress must have heard me and before I knew it, the chef was at our table asking if we had any questions. I made mention that I've never had a rib eye steak like that before and he informed me it was an end cut of the rib eye roast. I told him it was very good but was surprised that it wasn't the actual steak. I have had prime rib many times before and know what the "end cut" is. I'm glad the chef was very concerned about pleasing his customers. That doesn't happen often at other restaurants.

Room Tip: Walls are thin. Can hear the TV in the next room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Had a king room. Definitely not the king in the pictures on this website. Room was old and smelled like urine and Febreeze. Their attempts at upgrading by redoing shower tile was lame. Light bulbs out. Crappy paint. I wasn't sure the sheets had been changed from last occupant. Soft bed. Train tracks about 75 yards away. Plus side was they take pets. The restaurant looked nice. Didn't eat there. Gal at front desk was nice and seemed genuinely concerned when I told her about the nasty room. Breakfast was ok. Continental breakfast is free. If you want a hot breakfast you order from menu and pay. If I'd paid $50 I would say I got what I paid for but I paid $100 for this crappy room. After we went to bed someone tried to come in our room. Didn't feel comfortable the rest of the night. Go elsewhere for that kind of money.

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Diane L

Travelers are raving about these Sheridan hotels

Greybull, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

They went completely out of their way to get us a room during a super busy time. Doesn't look like much from the outside but the rooms were nice and clean and everyone wAs very helpful and polite. Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014