There's a lot of good things about this hotel: I loved the vintage sign, the wooden beams on the ceilings in the room and the warm western decor, the attached restaurant--the Firewater Bar and Grill, which is very good!--and the friendly staff. It's also mere yards from the Interstate, so even though it's on the outskirts of town in a not-so-great area, the location is convenient. Sheridan makes a good stopping-off point between Yellowstone and the Black Hills and it's only an hour from the Little Big Horn Battlefield. If you get a room in the front of the hotel, you cannot hear the train go by; we slept fine. The weirdness set in when we came down for breakfast. The person staffing the tiny room was obviously strung out on something--talking loudly and incessantly to the room at large and darting around in a manic frenzy. From what I saw, she's not an isolated example. The hotel and the town have seen better days, I think, so in the future I would avoid both.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful Trails End Motel located in downtown Sheridan combines the best of the old and new to create a comfortable and affordable stay. Newly remodeled in 2008, the Trails End Motel is easily accessed from I-90 at exit 20. Guests of the pet friendly Trails End Motel can enjoy our continental hot breakfast daily from 6:30am to 10:30am. Be sure to visit the Firewater Bar & Grill! It is open Wednesday thru Saturday from 4pm to 10pm serving fine cuisine and the best steaks in town. All guests will receive 10% off their meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Trails End Motel Sheridan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trails End Motel Sheridan Hotel Sheridan
- Trails End Hotel Sheridan