“Good Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Sheridan
Edmonton
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed in this hotel the second night of our three week motorcycle tour to Chicago. We used Tripadvisor to help us choose all our rooms for the trip and this hotel was highly rated. We booked the room for one night. It was clean and staff was friendly (there was only one that I saw). Forgot some items in the room and we were able to pick them up while passing by on our return. Lack of complimentary breakfast is the only negative I can say.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrGoWing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is only the second time I have stayed in a Candlewood Suites, the first one being in Fort Myers. I thought that one was a one-off as it was so great, but found that this hotel is just as good, so I guess all Candlewood Suites are similar. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean and the towels were lovely and thick. The kitchen area was well equipped and very clean and we ate in both nights and the three of us managed very well - plenty of space. We appreciated the facilities supplied, such as washing up liquid, tea towel and kitchen roll, and although we did not use the dishwasher, I guess this would be very useful for a long stay. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and there was a good library of DVDs which could be borrowed. The laundry area was spacious and again very good if it is a long stay. Situated just opposite Walmart, and not so far from downtown, the location could not have been better. Very good loction for reaching Little Big Horn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a 3 week road trip from Chicago to Las Vegas.

Plenty of room in both the bedroom area and bathroom, both were clean and tidy although the bathroom counter top could be a bit bigger. Great little kitchen area.

WiFi was good but suffered a few intermittent drop outs. Apparently this was due to a new system being installed. Also had a slight problem with the bath drain being clogged with hair, worked fine after the offending locks were removed! Lady on reception apologised profusely on both counts and reduce the bill by $30.0.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Ample free parking.

Like all Candlewood suites there is no complimentary breakfast so bring your own, there
is a Walmart within walking distance and it’s only a short drive to various eateries.

Convent location for the Little Bighorn Battlefield.

Apart from the couple minor of hiccups the hotel is well presented and overall was a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
East Sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

First of all, the hotel is clean, convenient too the interstate, and the rooms very well equiped. The problem I found was with the staff attitude. As with many hotels there is a laundry room which is open daytime, and I am guessing, closes around 10pm because of noise issues. Thats fine, but when they have a policy of running the industrial washers and dryers through the night it makes a mockery of this policy. If you are unfortunate enough to have a room next to this (i.e. room 107 - avoid at all costs) or above, you will not sleep unless you are used to living next to an airport. Granted that when I complained they stopped them straight away, thank you, but for them to tell me they were unaware of the noise issue is a joke, especially as the laundry is next to reception. I cannot have been the first to complain. Maybe they dont normally do the laundry at night, but if they do, this is not accepteble.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, Shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I booked this hotel for its location, as we were on a road trip. I was surprised to get to beds and a fully fitted kitchen, study table...in fact you could live here!. It was very clean, staff very friendly, and couldn;t have been better located for fast access to the interstate. Sheridan was a little gem, I'm so glad we added it to our list of stops. It is very handily placed to get to the Battle of the Littlle big horn site (75 miles but only 1 hours drive). We didn't start off til 4.15, and still managed to get there, see the site & back including a pitstop at KFC by 8.40! 2 other gems are Trail End mansion, and The Sheridan Inn

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NashJ
West Yellowstone, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel, although I stay in Sheridan often while on business trips. I didn't know what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel building itself doesn't look like anything special, but inside is where the transformation takes place. The lobby is bright and inviting, with a big screen TV, couches, and easy chairs. The front desk clerks are friendly and welcoming, and the housekeeping staff will go above and beyond to get you what you need. My queen suite was larger than I thought it would be, and even had a dishwasher!! A full-sized refrigerator, a stove and a microwave, would make staying here for an extended period of time very comfortable. The work desk was large enough for my laptop computer and maze of other computer-related gadgets. The four electrical outlets on the wall beside the desk allowed me to plug everything in to charge, without having to search under beds and behind TV sets like I usually do in other hotels, just to find an unoccupied outlet. They do allow pets, and although I didn't see evidence of any pets having been in my room, someone with pet allergies may want to avoid staying here. To me, the most important part of a hotel room is: "How comfortable is the bed?" The bedding and pillows looked awesome, and I had been eying the bed all evening while working on my computer, thinking how inviting it looked. I wasn't disappointed! I woke up "in the middle of the night" wondering why the lights were on, before I realized it wasn't night, it was morning! The light was sunlight streaming into my room! So, needless to say, I must have slept like a log!

There isn't a "free breakfast," which is one of the things that keeps the rooms so affordable, but they do have a pantry where you can buy items and cook or heat them up in your suite. The hotel is also located right across the street from Wal Mart, so you can easily purchase food there to prepare in your suite.

Candlewood Suites in Sheridan is affiliated with Holiday Inn, so you receive Priority Club Points for your stay. I definitely plan to book a suite here each time I stay in Sheridan in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CarolynWillis
CarteDeVisite08
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

The hotel building itself is literally new. We were provided with 2 double bed accomodating 4 adults. ( they dont have queen beds) the room was spacious to where you get your own cooking range, fridge with ice maker, microwave, dishwasher and study table. Living room and flatscreen tvs. All for the price of $125.00. Im quite amaze on how much you can around considering the price we have to pay in California for the same size room.

• Stayed May 2012