“Sheridan” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Sheridan
Cheyenne, United States
“Sheridan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This Hampton Inn has always been clean and quiet when I have stayed here. Staff is helpful and room has always meet my expectations. The view from the window is awesome as you can see the Big Horns which I really enjoyed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

mohammedkhan87, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sheridan, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know how were doing. We take pleasure in knowing our guests feel valued and accomidated. Customer service is our number one priority.

Mohammed Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Osage
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I hate writing a bad review, and actually, I'm not writing a bad one about this motel, only a clerk that lied to us. The hotel itself was excellent. We stayed March 10-14, 2014. On Sunday the 13th I called at 3 o'clock to request a rollaway bed for an extra guest. The clerk said she'd take care of it. We arrived about 7 and no bed. I called the front desk, no one answered, so I took the elevator downstairs, no one behind the desk, so I called out and a young woman answered and came from behind me, apparently she was in the lounge or dining area. Lie #1 was when she said she had personally delivered the bed to Room 214, our room. I said,"It's not there, you can come with me and see for yourself." She squirmed a bit, then lie #2 came with a, "I didn't know if you were in the room so I pushed it into the housekeeping closet." She'd get it for us. That was a lie because she came up the elevator with it. No pillow or extra guest towels so we sent her back for that. We also noticed it was the first night there were no fresh baked cookies at the hospitality table. I suspect, and I can't confirm this, that she was entertaining a friend in the lounge area and too busy to take care of business. Not acceptable for a reputable hotel. Phones not answered means lost business and I need to trust the person behind the desk. I frequently stay at Hampton Inns and will continue to do so because they provide the absolute beds of all the major chains and I've never had a complaint before. But this irritated me. First lie to cover her behind and a second lie to cover the first. Not what I want when I'm traveling. I would have been fine if she had said, "Oops, I forgot, I'll go get it right now." I hope the manager reads my complaint and follows through. This gal needs a different job to save their reputation. Everything else was right up to par, but the room could have used a good vacuuming around the edges. Use the edge tool from time to time.

Room Tip: When I reserved a room the week before our trip I told the clerk I would want a rollaway bed one nig...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jeanette A

Brighton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I have been on the road for five days, and this hotel was by far the best. I read a Trip Advisor review that suggested asking for a Mountain View room. I did, and was delighted with my room. Real furniture, as opposed to built-ins, attractive furnishings, soft bedding, and a great desk, the room was bright and cheerful with a large pleasant bathroom.
Breakfast in the morning was typical fare, but it was well-arranged with a pleasant area to relax and eat.
The young lady at the desk was charming and accommodating.
I will return next month when I am in Sheridan again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Rockingham, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We recently had two rooms. Unfortunately due to being on a road trip we did not get to spend more time in this hotel because I cannot fault it. There were warm cookies and hot drinks (including hot chocolate and English tea which made us very happy) in the reception area. Nice sized pool. Hot tub was good although too hot. The bed was comfortable and breakfast was good. I would definitely stay in this hotel again. Ask for a room at the back overlooking the mountains. The view was stunning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Denver, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Hotel was in great condition and was clean. We had a few issues that I hope were just flukes. We returned to our room to find our door unlocked and ajar, no housekeeping cart to be found. Manager comped the night. Housekeeping took the towels we hung up to reuse, but didn't replace with new towels. Was bothered by noise from adjacent room, front desk asked me to identify which room it was coming from. I said I thought it was above but not sure. They were going to just call the room before verifying - I sure wouldn't want to get a phone call at midnight for noise I wasn't making. Breakfast food was passable. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Kevin Z

Golden, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We care about where we stay, even on a one night stopover. We reserved a suite at the Hampton Inn in Sheridan as a halfway stop on our way to Bozeman, MT for a wedding. My husband and I have traveled extensively, and it is true, you get what you pay for. The staff was professional and pleasant, the accommodations were luxurious and private. The breakfast was delicious (Belgian waffles were superb!). In great part, to our enjoyable stay, we have decided to vacation in Yellowstone in the near future, and look forward to staying at the Hampton Inn in Sheridan. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Mark And Laurie... R

Bozeman, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

A quality stay. Refrigerator is loud but other than that everything was very pleasant. The fresh cookies were also a great touch! Fitness room had free weights which is a big plus and pool was great temperature. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Only complaint was that I had to unplug the fridge to get to sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business