“Luxury for a value price”

Hampton Inn Sheridan
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I am a local to Sheridan and was looking online for anywhere I could write a good comment about this place. My house caught fire in January and since then I stayed at the Hampton. We were upset about our loss that had happened and everyday the staff here made us feel more and more welcome from writing little notes after they cleaned our room to sending us fruit baskets when we felt down. We stayed here over three months and have never experienced such a caring and welcoming enviroment our whole lives and we are in our late 50's. If you stay at this hotel ask for one of the rooms with the mountain view, it is beautiful we woke up every morning and first thing we did was open the curtains and just admire the view. We live here in town and any of our friends or family that come and visit we will recomend this place above all others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side with the odd numbers
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank quickeater
mohammedkhan87, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sheridan, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know how were doing. We take pleasure in knowing our guests feel valued and accomidated.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stay at a LOT of Hampton Inns & this one was very disappointing. Desk/table had obviously not been cleaned as it was covered with something sticky - not a big deal & I wouldn't have thought anything more about the housekeeping until I turned back the duvet to find a gross blood stain on the mattress cover. No way anyone could put on fresh sheets without noticing the stain. Brown stains on bathroom door also particularly unappealing. Towels & pillow cases were the grungiest I've ever seen. Surprising for such a new hotel. In the breakfast room my husband had to ask for yogurt & was given the "last 2". No fruit other than apples "fruit was coming tomorrow".
On the upside the young lady who checked us in was pleasant & helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lovestravel93
mohammedkhan87, Manager at Hampton Inn Sheridan, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

At Hampton Inn we strive for guest satisfaction and loyalty and to back that up that is why we have our 100% Hampton Guarantee. If you are not satisfied we do not expect you to pay. I am very sorry that during your stay our team could not achieve our goal; we would like to fix this by getting a hold of you to offer you our guarantee. We want to thank you for your feedback and inform you that it does mean a lot to us here in Sheridan because without you we would not be able to tell what we are doing wrong.

Hampton Inn Sheridan
307.673.2734

Reviewed March 1, 2011

We requested a handicap room for 3 adults and a 3 year old. The room was big enough with two beds and room for a wheelchair. The big problem was NO shower chair for the handicap person to sit on. They then moved us to a new room that would work except for the fact on two people would sleep and my son and I on the floor. Then was told we could get a another room for 89. more a night. This hotel has only one room with a shower chair. Not all ADA rooms meet ADA rules..........if only one room has a shower chair. Manager was rude hatefull and told us to leave his hotel and not to go to Motel 6 or another that is his. We were not welcomed there.
I would not recommand this hotel to an one.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tinysocks1
mohammedkhan87, Manager at Hampton Inn Sheridan, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

I would like to first start off by apologizing for any inconvenience that you may have had with our hotel. I do want to assure you and our future guests we are 100% ADA compliant. As you may remember you were asked to leave when you started making racial remarks and threatening comments. I believe we did try to do everything that was within our reach to satisfy your family and I do regret not being able to do enough to have you stay with us.

We love our guests and try to do everything that is within our reach to satisfy them and let them have a real "WOW" experience. I am very sorry you didn't get a chance to get this experience and I ask that next time you come to town, please stay with us and give us a second chance.

Reviewed November 5, 2010

I think this location just opened, the view was nice, we had a lower level king room that was large as was the bathroom, quite luxurious at $89/night. All the staff members we met were very helpful & the desk clerk recommended an amazingly good steak & seafood place, plus gave good directions. Breakfast was good & they had express checkout. Very nice ...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyDriver2009

Reviewed September 26, 2010

Stayed one night in September. Traveling with my BFF, so we wanted a safe, interior corridor hotel. Price with AAA discount was more than expected. Good location just off the interstate. Room faced interstate and did not have any road noise.

Breakfast was basic fare, cereal, yogurt, make your own waffles, toast, bagels, muffins. Did offer some hot food, but didn't look particularly appealing. Bowl of fresh fruit was good.

Nothing fancy. Two queen beds and desk.

Had very good meal at Olivers on Main street.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 24, 2010

The hotel was only a year old and you could tell.The staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast was great.The rooms were fabulous,up to date furnishings and a great bed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boomsie11

Reviewed September 13, 2010

I am reviewing a two-queen studio. I love a Hampton. I am a Hampton girl. I have said it before and hope I always will that the quality never fails to be consistent. I spoke to a friend of mine after the trip and she said she agreed about their consistency of quality and she and her husband always stay in a Hampton when they can. On our 10 day trip staying at 6 hotels, this was by far the best night’s sleep.
Pros: The rooms are clean with attention to detail. Upon walk-in there is a separate area for refrigerator, sink, microwave and coffee (see my picture). It is quite large and very nice. It has an extra large area for spreading out the suitcases and to watch TV from a couch or chair or desk. I love that the bathroom was divided – shower and toilet sectioned off via a door. The vanity area is next to a large closet. Both areas very clean and shower had good pressure with really hot water. It has a nice oversized TV. The beds are exquisite.
It is located in a great location right off the highway but we did not hear any traffic. What needs to be mentioned is we did face away from the highway so I do not know if this would have made a difference. I took a picture of the view from our room. The continental breakfast is always adequate with a large TV for viewing morning news while one eats. Upon checkout, you get a snack to go in a bag!
I love a Hampton!!! See my review on the Wyoming Rib and Chop House located in downtown Sheridan. This is a great place to eat.

• Stayed: September 2010