“Convenient Location and Nice”

Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were pleased with this Holiday Inn. We were using this for stopover between Mt Rushmore and Yellowstone and it suited our needs.
Room was clean. Bed was comfortable but could have been a bit more supportive.
We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. Both were very clean and decent temperature.
Gym was tiny and maintained. I was able to work out on the elliptical machine.

Food in restaurant was okay. We had both dinner and breakfast the next morning.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear JackieBG7,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it is always very helpful to receive feedback about our hotel so that we may change for the better!

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, I hope that you had a great time on your journeys to Mt Rushmore and Yellowstone, they are both very beautiful and a great place to vacation.

We hope to see you again in Sheridan, WY!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center

Reviewed June 11, 2013

After staying at 3 different Holiday Inn Express properties during our trip out west, we stayed in a regular Holiday Inn in Sheridan. We were very disappointed - especially since we paid much more than the HI Express hotels. The indoor pool was crowded so we went to the bar - crowded during happy hour. Our waitress was swamped so service was very slow; she had to be reminded to bring our drinks and didn't get the order correct. We decided to eat dinner in the bar. The food was OK, however, the server did not bring the correct order. Breakfast was very expensive so we decided to take a pass and go into to a less costly local restaurant. Other than the points we received for being Priority Club member, this Holiday Inn was not worth the price we paid to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Terry08057,

First of all thank you for reviewing our hotel, it is always very helpful to get reviews about guests stays. I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a pleaseant stay. I will be talking with the managers of the restaurant, bar and maintenance to address the issues that you encountered. If you should every be in Sheridan WY again please let me know and we will make sure your stay is an enjoyable one. I hope the rest of your vacation was a memorable one!

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here before was pleased. This time... Horrible. Stayed in room 222. When we opened the door to the room it was musty mildew smell. Strong. Went to look out the window and the floor was soaked. Went to open the window for fresh air and people were smoking right under our window. I suggest they have a no smoking with in a certain amount of feet. People were smoking right under the canopy entrance blowing it on us as we are caring in our bags. Yuck. It wasn't as clean as before. Found hairs all over the bathroom. The pool is small and I never cared before, but now my son travels with me and it is very crowded for the amount of people that stay here. Next time I'm trying some where else.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Elephantabb,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it is always very helpful to receive feedback about our hotel whether it be good or bad, it is a great tool to better our establishment!

I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. We do not like to hear that about any of our guests no matter what their reasoning for traveling may be. I have notified our maintenance department about your issues and will be remedying the problems ASAP. We are working on a no smoking section outside as well. We just recently converted our entire hotel to a 100% smoke free establishment, outside smoking is our next goal.

If you should ever be in Sheridan, WY again please contact me at the below e-mail address so that I can personally make sure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Hope the rest of your trip was a memorable one!

elizabeth@sheridan-wyo.com

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We stay at Holiday Inns very frequently and have been very impressed with most all of them. Many have been updated and are very comfortable. The atrium and front entrance are beautiful. The room is awful. OLD a/c unit, shower curtain that barely comes to the edge of the tub, floor drains in pool area are full of hair and junk, top of pool water looks filthy. I used my Priority Rewards to stay here and am regretting it, should have shelled out the money and stayed next door at the Candlewood Suites. Very disappointed in this place. Our check in experience was also very irritating. The attendant seemed clueless.

• Stayed: June 2013
Elizabeth R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear larson59330,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it is always very helpful to hear reviews whether they be good or bad. I am very sorry that your stay was not enjoyable. We are in the process of renovations, it is very time consuming as our hotel is quite large. We are hoping to be completely done very soon!

We take cleanliness very seriously here, I have already spoken to my maintanence supervisor who will correct the problems with the pool immediately.

The next time you are in Sheridan, WY I hope you will give us another chance, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

elizabeth@sheridan-wyo.com

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a little dated, the rooms have low, popcorn ceilings. It is overall
kind of clean, the pool is okay, but packed and the lobby while large is full of loud and noisy people. Though we reserved in advance we did not get tge room type we reserved and tge handling of our disappointment was abysmal. Employees are unenthusiastic and we found a gerneral pall in the attitude of the employees. Pay a little more and enjoy your trip. After being gone all day and our had been "cleaned" it looked like my 7 year okd had made the bed & towels were keft strewn about, pillows were still smashed and the civer simply thrown iver the pull out bed. Is this a corporate or management failure? Perhaps both, but we will never attempt Holiday Inn again. Yuck and no thank for for spoiling our trip and cramming 4 of us into a micro-box of a room. A solution the next day is really after the fact and too late. It's called vacation.The paint odor was not a bonus.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank frontrangesojourner
Elizabeth R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear frontrangesojourner,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we are very sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay. We are in the process of remodeling our hotel, with over 200 rooms it is quite time consuming, we are hoping for all the renovations to be completed very soon. Due to the time of your stay we had a couple teams staying at the hotel, which results in lots of kids running around in the pool area and atrium, we do our best to keep them under control as best as we can.

Again, we are sorry for your stay and that we weren't able to fix your problems to your satisfaction. If you should ever been in the Sheridan area again let us know and hopefully we can make your next vacation an enjoyable one.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were in town for the leatherworking convention. The motel was nice--typical Holiday Inn. There is no continental breakfast, but there is a nice cafe in the attrium that has a reasonably priced complete breakfast bar, and it opens at 6:00 AM.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor overlooking the attrium. Nice internal view and the room was quiet in s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mark V,

We enjoyed all of our guests and vendors from the LeatherCrafters Convention, you are always pleasant to deal with and friendly. As we our a Holiday Inn Convention Center we have a full service restaurant instead of the Holiday Inn Expresses that have a continental breakfast. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast though.

We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Due to another snowstorm in late April my husband and I decided to pull off I-80 and secure a room for the night. I was hesitate to try a Holiday Inn again but once in the hotel I was pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel turn out to be. The lobby was large, with trendy decorating and very friendly desk clerks. Our room was spacious, well decorated and very clean. I used the laundry room and was pleased how clean it was and the machines were new. My husband and I had a bite in the bar and finished the evening soaking our tired bones in the hot tub. We did not use the pool because we were too tired but it was large, bright and inviting with many lounge chairs. We travel a lot, we stay at many hotel chains and we have become very judgmental... but we'd gladly stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear ccc1055,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn in Sheridan, we are very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. It is always nice to hear pleasant things about the hotel. We hope you had you a safe journey home.

Hope to see you again if your travels should bring you through Sheridan!