“don't order the battered shrimp!!”

Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Sheridan, Wyoming
“don't order the battered shrimp!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Ate at the Restaurant last night for my Mother in Law's Birthday. I ordered the battered shrimp as did my Mother In Law. (she also ordered sweet potatoe fries) When the Shrimp arrived , it looked like 5 small corn dogs. My Mother In Law also received reg. fries. Our waitress was very nice and did go get an order of sweet potato fries for her. When they came, they looked burnt and she said they were horrible. Now back to the shrimp. The breading was so thick, we finally took the shrimp out of it and ate it without. The insides of the breading was full of grease. My Mother in Law could pull the shrimp out and the entire breading was still intact! That's how thick it was. I finally told the waitress that the shrimp was like corndogs. She went to the kitchen and came back saying it was tempura. NOT! I have worked as a cook for many years, I have never seen such a thick breading on shrimp, totally unedible. So We wasted $19.00 for shrimp each, plus a special occasion was ruined going to the Holiday Inn.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LizRamsay, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Wyofam_13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our resteraunt. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our resteraunt did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the meal you received. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer. I apologize that you had a poor experience during such a special occasion.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. My hope is that you would be willing to give us another chance to be able to provide you with a great meal and a great experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Denver
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was wonderful. It was new and extremely clean and comfortable. The rates were amazingly reasonable. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and heartily recommend it.As I recall, we had a bit of a trouble finding it as it was on the west side of the highway and we were on the east lane heading north. Otherwise this was the only inconvenience and we were pleased with everything.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear maswan,

Thank you for choosing the Sheridan Holiday Inn for your stay in Sheridan. We are very pleased to hear that you had an amazing stay along with a reasonable rate. The GM, Staff and Contractors have all worked extremely hard to remodel the hotel to be the best it can be for our guests.

We hope that you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to Sheridan, WY.

Thanks,

Elizabeth R
Guest Relations Manager
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Overall this was a normal highway hotel, but there were some things that annoyed me. The shower head in our bathroom was broken. Water poured out of the seam, hit the handle, and shot all over the floor. I had to angle the shower head at the wall. Wasn't relaxing in the least. Also around 8am room serviced knocked on our door. Really?! Then they chatted loudly in the hallway, until i gave up on falling back to sleep completely.

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear DirtyVagabond,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you may have had because of the shower and noise you have experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Thank you for alerting us and bringing this unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Sheridan hotels

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel appearance inside and out seemed nice. My room, on the ground floor, had a musty gym smell... Maids clean these rooms daily and don't report this? I had 1 drink in the bar, which seems lively. Unfortunately I was dog tired and retired early. The room service menu, typical of HI, was pricey. I ordered a bowl of beef stew. It tasted like it was out of a can. I wouldn't pay their standard rack rates, but paying 60% through priceline was tolerable.

• Stayed November 2012
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sheridan on our cross country drive from NY to Washington. It was an excellent experience. The hotel rooms were spacious and clean. We had our dog with us and there were no issues with us having him with us for our overnight stay. The most impressive was the morning breakfast. We were extremely impressed with the food! We both had the most delicious omlets, hash browns, and toast. Everything was light and fluffy and we loved it! The sunday brunch looked and smelled amazing too, although we didn't get to stay and eat it because we were hitting to road before it opened.

Anyway, as a last minute roadtrip stop hotel, this was excellent! Thanks Holiday Inn! It was the best night sleep we had on our drive!

Room Tip: Asking for an outside room with a window will ensure you don't have too dark of a hotel room. Th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel in the middle of a retail park on the edge of town. I am sure it was impressive when it was designed & built but now the style is extremely dated. Our bedroom was ill lit & dreary. Poor overpriced breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheridan - Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear WinstonSophie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Good location for nearby attractions, a bit out of the way and it is in the middle of a retail park but good for day trips to nearby attractions. Beds very comfortable and rooms nice and clean. Breakfast was disappointing the buffet was cold and there did not seem to be anyone around to serve you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor look very noisy as they actually open into the atrium so you would have to ke...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple