The Hideout Lodge & Guest Ranch
Hotwire.com
Sunset Inn(Worland)
$90
$75
All reviewshead wranglerriding experienceguest ranchfly fishingcocktail hourother gueststrap shootingexperienced ridersriding abilitynose to taileach eveningwestern ridingwestern experienceslide showwild mustangslast foreverinteresting people
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We have just returned from The Hideout - an absolutely brilliant holiday! The scenery is fabulous, the ranch grounds are immaculate, the log cabins extremely comfortable and well-appointed, the food delicious. Most importantly, the horses are well-trained and cared for and the wranglers are charming, patient, helpful and great fun. The riding was fantastic - real cattle work (the best!!), stunning trail rides and optional clinics with the chief wrangler who was inspiring, a real privilege to watch. This wasn't the cheapest ranch holiday but I doubt that there are any better - the philosophy here isn't 'this is our programme, we hope you like it', but 'tell us what you want and that will be our programme'. How refreshing to find such a totally client-orientated place, all the staff here will go that extra mile to ensure guests have a wonderful time. Would recommend unhesitatingly to both riders and non-riders. Brilliant.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank DandJ17
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This was the first full week vacation I had taken in years and while I arrived with a friend who couldn't wait to begin her riding adventure I have to admit I was a little nervous about being a non rider. My worries were quickly put to rest by the warm welcome, beautiful vistas, wonderful staff and my own cabin more comfortable then home. Every effort was made to make sure I was exposed as much of the surrounding area as I wanted to see. An additional benefit I enjoyed more than I imagined was being without cell service for the week! My week ended on an even higher note then I thought possible with a personal tour of Shell's resident Western Artist Ann Hanson's studio where I was able to acquire several prints to take home with me. It was one of the the most relaxing and restful week I can recall and look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Every cabin has a spectacular view
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Deuce44
Reviewed May 22, 2011

If you like to ride this is a fantastic place. The riding staff is very knowledgeable and the horses are matched to your ability. Trail rides and real cattle work are both available. The food is outstanding. The scenery both in the mountains and closer to the ranch is awesome. The cabins are very nice on a par with a good hotel room and cleaned daily. They take a limited number of guests in order to enhance the experience. I have been five times, by myself, with my wife, my son and friends. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: For those who want more room, ask for a casita.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank cowpokedon
Reviewed May 13, 2011

My first visit to the Hideout was 11 years ago (solo). My family sent me to the Hideout for my second (long awaited!) visit in 2010 as a birthday gift, again solo. My experiences were so awesome that I could not keep this spectacular experience to myself - thus, we planned a trip for the family in April of 2011.
Our 13 year old daughter and 14 year old son had only limited riding experience upon arrival. Thanks to the incredible skill, patience and ability to assess not only riding ability - but learning and interaction styles, the wranglers (Ramon, Shawn & Marijn) assisted my children in developing vastly improved riding skills. Both kids left the Hideout with enhanced self esteem, having stretched outside of their personal comfort zones to develop physical strength, skills and self-confidence.
I could rave about every aspect of the staff, facility, horses, program... simply unmatched! When asked what they considered the highlight of their experience my children stated: "The food, the people, the horses, we can't decide --- EVERYTHING, there was no single thing!" We all laugh because we cannot decide what we like best. We each loved it all.
There is one big thing we all liked least. Leaving the Hideout is very hard. You fall in love with the scenery, accomodations, family-like staff, horses... The overall experience is not one that you never want to end.

A huge thanks for all of the delightful memories and bonding that our 2011 Hideout experience provided. We are in the process of pulling together an extended family gathering for next year- Yippee!

Room Tip: Simply book your trip-they take care of everything
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank WishIWasRiding
Reviewed May 4, 2011

The attention to detail and accomodating of all guests wishes was by far the best I have ever experienced. The entire staff, including the owners, main concern was that all guests feel comfortable and enjoy their stay. Everyone was truly friendly and put you at ease. Nothing was overlooked. The daily activites were well thought out and organized for maximum enjoyment. Each guest is allowed to participate in as much , or as little as they wished. The atmoshpere was more like being with extended family on a special trip.
It does not matter what your riding ability is as the wranglers make you comfortable and adapt as needed. Every aspect from riding to working with the cattle was amazing.
The meals were were prepared by a gourmet chef and each one was better than the next.
The Hideout truly lives the motto "We put our customers first". This was the first vacation that my wife and I never wanted to end. We cannot think of a better place to be. We will be back.
P.S.- I thought of adding pictures but they would not do justice of the actual beauty.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple