“clean, friendly, just fine”
Review of Silver Moon Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saratoga
Silver Moon Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Saratoga
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've lived in Wyoming for 26 years and never visited Saratoga or the Hobo Springs. I should have come earlier. Easy to get to, the springs are heavenly, dinner at Hotel Wolf was delicious, breakfast croissants and coffee at the "pool hall" bakery were perfect, and the Silver Moon Motel was quiet, clean and restful. Fridge, microwave, hot water and very nice people. ($53 with tax for a single, $75 for a double). Heard reports that the masseuse in town is great.... $69 for 90 min. I'll be back for sure. I drove Route 130 across the Snowy Range to Laramie the next morning. Glorious!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank msGLT
There are newer reviews for Silver Moon Motel

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed over the weekend and liked the place. Basic and clean. The room we stayed in had an attached kitchenette, which was what we needed. Travis the Owner was very helpful guiding us over the local maps.

Also, in the the town of Saratoga there are NO chain stores, NO chain restaurants, NO fast food joints, NO Starbucks. I really hope it stays like that.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank memsofit
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The first thing I have to say is that the front desk people (owners of the hotel) were very nice and accomidating to me and my daughter. I came in with only a day notice that I was coming and they had a room for us to check into. Had a lot of questions about the area and what to do and they told us the best places to eat and the best places to see. Then they walked us to our room and to our surprise the room had a kitchen right there so we didnt have to eat out every meal.. which saved us tons of money. The room was very clean and the beds were more comfortable then the bed at my home. I recommend every that is visiting this area to stay at this motel. We planing another trip out there this year and we will be for sure staying at the silver moon motel. Thanks for making us feel like we at home.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank flipflops09
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Once I opened the door to the unit, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a large room with 2 queen beds, 2 sinks, microwave, refrigerator, desk, new draperies, new bedspreads, fresh linens and all recently painted.

I will have to admit that driving up to the Silver Moon, I had some apprehensions. Bridge Street leading to the motel is dirt, vacant industrial property behind the motel made me nervous. However, the owners have renovated the inside beautifully.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and definately recommend the Silver Moon Motel.

The free city hot spring pool was fantastic. Dinner by the river at J. W. Hugus was so good, that we went there the next evening, too! Burrito with home made green chili...yum.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank CoachJo
tpbrin, Owner at Silver Moon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2010

Thanks for the great review. Glad to see people appreciating the work we've done. As for the "dirt road" out front leading to the motel, the city replaced all the water and sewer pipes on the east side of town. They are actually paving it as I type this so you will see a brand new road the next time you are here! Once again thanks for the review.

Reviewed January 21, 2009

This was a wonderful palce to stay. Right next to the river. Great location to down town and within 4 blocks of hot springs. The owners/management were very nice people. Made sure we were completely satisfied with our stay. Would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Sassy505
Reviewed September 11, 2008

I reviewed the motel site online and then called to confirm availability. The management/ owners would not accept the reservation without a credit / debit card, which I gave them over the phone. This was my first mistake as it can be difficult to cancel later without being charged. So we were committed!
I asked about check out and was told 11:00 am and the distance from the motel to the swimming pool which was the our main reason for our stay in Saratoga. I was told that the motel was only blocks from the pool. Sounded great! I inquired more about the pool because our main reason was to swim and relax.
After arriving in Saratago we went straight to the motel at 2:30 pm to check in. We wanted to change into our swimsuits. There was a note on the door that said that they would be back at 4:30 pm. I thought this was odd as most motels are after 2:00 pm. for check in. We soon discovered that the pool was also closed and had been since before we made our reservation. Big surprise! We went back to the motel. After waiting until 5:10 pm owners finally arrived. They had been playing golf all day. No apologies.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank 2monica
tpbrin, Owner at Silver Moon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2009

I don't know of any Motel/Hotel that would take a confirmed reservation without some form of c.c/debit card backing it. Our check-out is 11 like she stayed, but our check-in is NOT till 3pm usually. Only reason we were gone that day was because we had a situation arrise, and we posted our return time on the door'. WE WERE NOT PLAYING GOLF, don't know were that came from ?? As for the pool, we are located 4 blocks from the facility, Saratoga is only about 15 blocks total!! Also I don't own or run the pool so if it was closed it was news to me. They still stayed here and had no complaints about the room. Take this into consideration when reading this review.

Reviewed March 6, 2005

Refreshingly nice to find a place to relax and enjoy yourself

4  Thank mooses