We've been picking Best Western motels along our road trip to New Mexico as they're usually a reliable choice. Check in was fine and we were given a first floor interior room. It was clean but had a stale smoke smell although it's clearly marked a No Smoking facility. Small room with refrigerator but no microwave. Free wifi was sketchy, sometimes on sometimes not.
Can't believe others have raved about the breakfast. After having fresh and expansive continental breakfasts in the lobbies of numerous Best Westerns we expected at least the same at a restaurant. We were given the choice of one drink and coffee which is usually a "given" was on the list. So if you want juice you have to pay for coffee? Seemed pretty chintzy. The oatmeal was OK, the scrambled eggs seemed to be out of a carton, there was some kind of odd sediment at the bottom of our milk glass and the fruit cocktail was what you see out of a cheap can.
Curious about the name? The receptionist didn't know and we didn't see mention of it in the hotel services book although it did list some local attractions which would have been fun if we'd had more time. The restaurant placemats described several famous characters from the Wild West. Two had a connection with Rock Springs, the most famous being Butch Cassidy who earned his nickname whe he was a butcher in Rock Springs.
If we find ourselves passing through Rock Springs again, we'll probably make a different choice for a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Outlaw Inn is Southwest Wyoming's finest full-service hotel (locally owned and managed) with an AAA-3 Diamond rating. The award winning Open Range Restaurant (where hotel guests are served a free, hot breakfast) is popular with travelers and locals alike. The entire staff of the Outlaw Inn prides itself in offering the best in service and assistance to travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Best Western and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Outlaw Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Outlaw Hotel Rock Springs
- Best Western Rock Springs
- Rock Springs Best Western