“Nothing wrong with my stay!”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was a bit concerned as I drove into the parking lot. However, the lobby was clean and my room was clean. A bit dated perhaps but heck I was in a comfortable, clean, non-smoking room and slept well. That's all I needed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel

Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband I stayed here for one night on August 15th. If we had not been so exhausted we would have looked for another hotel, but we didn't. First, the exterior of the hotel was our first clue. Parking lot, exterior of building all poorly maintained or cleaned. Upon entering, again we found a dirty interior. Floors and walls dirty. The exterior of the trash can in the breakfast area was disgusting. The carpet in our room was heavily stained, so bad I wouldn't go barefoot in room, again poorly maintained. And service was not good. Not friendly staff. The only person that spoke to us during stay was a lady in breakfast area the morning we left. But even she was not cleaning. There was food all over floor and she just held her cleaning rag and visited with other staff. NEVER stay in this place!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had a job interview in Rock Springs, and just need a place to stay for the night. This hotel was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. It has a really nice breakfast with tons of options, and plenty of seating, so you don't have to eat on your lap.

There are however a few issues to consider befor booking a room here. The walls are very thin. You can hear everything in the adjoining rooms, and also everything that is going on in the hall. If you are a light sleeper, this is not the place for you. Also, we requested a non-smoking room, and got one on the third floor. It smelled great when we first walked in, but at different times throughout our stay, the cigarette smoke would get so strong in our room (we had all doors and windows closed) that we couldn't catch our breath. It actually woke me about in the middle of the night with a burning throat. I am not sure where it was coming from, but it was pretty bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CinAlyn H
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Sure, Americas Best Valule Inn is cheap, but frankly, in this instance, it's a problem. This place is RUN DOWN. The breakfast is awful--sausage patties should not be a limp grey mass of lukewarm protein. Eggs were from a powder and the coffee is terrible. Ended up throwing away most of my breakfast, and it has to be really bad for me to do that. The room was beat up, hole in the ceiling, toilet needed work. Front desk acted like they wanted nothing to do with customers. It's just bad. I did sleep just fine though.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Ok, so I made a couple of mistakes here. First I chose this hotel because of its inexpensive rate and second, I accidentally booked a smoking room. We had been on the road for 11 days so yes, I was tired. However, first impressions are important and this place doesn't make a good first impression. I would imagine that this was once a Holidome as it had that late '70s decor and layout. The lobby was a bit shabby and smelled of cholrine from the nearby pool. The desk clerk was helpful and check-in went well. However, as went deeper into the hotel, the darker it became. I wasn't hopeful.

When we opened the door to our second floor room it was as if a cloud of cigarette smoke engulfed us. The room was shabby, old and stunk. It appeared to be clean but years of cigarette smoking was embedded in every aspect of the room. My husband opened the window and turned the air up full blast and we left for dinner. I was so unhappy with the room that it was hard to enjoy dinner. When we came back, the smell was worse despite the fresh air and circulation. I knew I wouldn't sleep so I went to the front desk and asked for a new room. The desk clerk was very accomodating and we were given a new room on the same floor but around the corner. It is like there are two hotels here. The new room was modern, freshly painted and had newer furniture although it was oddly placed in the room. I was able to relax a little.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel and I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I'm not sure which hotel some of these reviews were referring to..."exceptional find" - hardly.
Seems like a lot of people live here, has a real depressing and sketchy vibe. Lobby and hallways look like a crime scene. $72 a night seemed too high.
Room was ok and seemed pretty clean, but I'd avoid this old dump.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I was pleasently surprised, especially after seeing all the signs about removing muddy boots before entering. I guess this is a Railroader/Trucker hotel, but it doesn't seem like one. Several families with kids playing in the large indoor pool. And a VERY nice breakfast, especially for a "Value" hotel. The food was kept hot. Nice variety of eggs, bacon, biscuits/gravy, cereals, juices, etc. Next time I'm in the area I will stay there for sure!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo