“Clean & Cheap” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Woodbine, Maryland, Usa
“Clean & Cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is an outstanding Motel 6. We stayed here on our cross country trip. The room was very clean. I got a great night of sleep before continuing to Cali the following day. I wish all Motel 6s were like this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Swore off Motel 6 20 years ago. For various reasons decided to stay here while traveling across country again because of a rating I read from another traveler. OK. It is great! Don't get this wrong, the room is small, two beds (comfortable and clean) Laminate floors, Clean! Deluxe room for $2.00 more refrigerator/freezer and microwave, clean and working. Outdated TV that works. Only annoying factor was I was not told at check in that the WiFi was extra. Had to go back up to the office to purchase the $3.17 daily WiFi charge. The desk/table is handy. Minimal storage if staying long term but overnight, I would stay here again and more importantly would recommend to my friends to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank phoenix15
Bellevue, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband, daughter, our 6 year old Schnoodle and I stayed at the Motel 6 in Rock Springs for one night on our way to Oregon on June 28th. We chose Motel 6 for their pet friendly policy and "no pet fee" plus their extremely reasonable rates. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We were on the upper floor in the center courtyard so it was also quiet and we had a somewhat nice view of the hills from the upper walkway where I enjoyed my "free" coffee the next morning. They also had a pool, and a pet walking area which was convenient. The staff was very friendly and our room was around $55 which included tax. There was a gas/convenient station next door where we could buy snacks and several fast food places nearby. My daughter loved the fact that they had a microwave next to the motel office in the vending machine and ice machine room, so that she could make her oatmeal for breakfast. The t.v. worked well and our wake-up call was right on time. They have wood-laminate flooring which is much better than carpet, although some of the laminate in our room could use replacing from wear and tear which is normal. All in all a very comfortable and inexpensive stay. We would definitely stay here again on our way to Oregon if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Willows, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The motel was very clean easy to locate. Was quiet, no road noise. Not fancy but very sufficient for a one night stay. Coffee was available in the office early in the morning. We would stay there again if traveling in that area. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lander, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've stayed here before because I'd been on a long drive and couldn't comfortably make the last 120miles home. I found the room comfortable, simple and clean (tho there was some kind of odor in the bathroom I couldn't identify), as I was used to Motel 6 for decades of travel til I got older and wanted to upgrade. Still, for just a brief night's stay, I didn't want to pay that much... nor have myself committed to a breakfast that is 'included' in more expensive motels.... just go get the free coffee and leave.

This time, tho, I found myself accidentally paying for a fridge/microwave ($3 more) which I would not have gotten ordinarily, having an electric cooler I take with me. Perhaps they changed the rooms on the north side of the motel into these fridge/microwave rooms, because the last time I stayed on that side, it was a regular room. No matter, I was so impressed by the size and excellence of this combo (litterally attached, not separate appliances)... that it was worth that $3! The freezer section is nearly the size of some mini-mini-fridges I've seen and has a door of its own, and the refrigerator is good and large without the freezer taking up any space.

I thought this would be perfect for workers or others who needed to be in the area and 'live' in a motel for a while, because even tho the rooms are compact, there is good storage in that desk/shelf unit, and get a room with a second bed (no extra cost if it's just you) to pile your things on... and supplied with food in your fridge/freezer (and the Smiths food store across the road), it would be a really economical place to stay. Go find yourself a tv tray at a thrift store and keep it with you, and that can be your table to eat on.

Wyoming is way overpriced for its motels, and so I will stay here every time I need to rest before continuing my drive home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank maxinerose
Minnesota City, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed with my dog for one night on a cross-country drive. The door opened directly to the outside. The room was very small with a bare floor. No pet odor. No bathtub but the shower was large and had good water pressure. TV was old and really small. There was an extra charge for wifi and the guy at the front desk said it wasn't strong enough for streaming video so I passed. The dog walk area was very small and filthy. The mattress was hard, pillows were super flat. The walls were thin and so was the ceiling. I heard footsteps above and the yipping dog next door. Bath towels were worn and no longer white. A very poor Motel 6. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The only good thing about this motel was the big shower.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Klfbooks
Mars, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I really liked the location. I was told it was the newer part of Rock, around the mountain.. I found a Golden Coral to pig out and a car wash to clean the car a bit...also a Starbucks on the hill...........Wood floors, hot water, clean towels and a decent bed.

The room was OK and for a price of $44, it really did the trick.........I used a CorporatePlus/ID Number: CP546071 through an internet search!

Room Tip: Good stop for the money......Nobody reviews the truth like me!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple