Motel 6 Rock Springs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clarion Hotel(Rock Springs)
View Hotel
My Place Hotel - Rock Springs, WY(Rock Springs)
Quality Inn(Rock Springs)
Motel 8(Rock Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsno surprisesfree wifiroom was clean and comfortableparking lotgreat customer servicenext morningwould stay here againone night stayroad triptracyrenomotorcycledogsfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've stayed here before because I'd been on a long drive and couldn't comfortably make the last 120miles home. I found the room comfortable, simple and clean (tho there was some kind of odor in the bathroom I couldn't identify), as I was used to Motel 6 for decades of travel til I got older and wanted to upgrade. Still, for just a brief night's stay, I didn't want to pay that much... nor have myself committed to a breakfast that is 'included' in more expensive motels.... just go get the free coffee and leave.

This time, tho, I found myself accidentally paying for a fridge/microwave ($3 more) which I would not have gotten ordinarily, having an electric cooler I take with me. Perhaps they changed the rooms on the north side of the motel into these fridge/microwave rooms, because the last time I stayed on that side, it was a regular room. No matter, I was so impressed by the size and excellence of this combo (litterally attached, not separate appliances)... that it was worth that $3! The freezer section is nearly the size of some mini-mini-fridges I've seen and has a door of its own, and the refrigerator is good and large without the freezer taking up any space.

I thought this would be perfect for workers or others who needed to be in the area and 'live' in a motel for a while, because even tho the rooms are compact, there is good storage in that desk/shelf unit, and get a room with a second bed (no extra cost if it's just you) to pile your things on... and supplied with food in your fridge/freezer (and the Smiths food store across the road), it would be a really economical place to stay. Go find yourself a tv tray at a thrift store and keep it with you, and that can be your table to eat on.

Wyoming is way overpriced for its motels, and so I will stay here every time I need to rest before continuing my drive home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank maxinerose
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed with my dog for one night on a cross-country drive. The door opened directly to the outside. The room was very small with a bare floor. No pet odor. No bathtub but the shower was large and had good water pressure. TV was old and really small. There was an extra charge for wifi and the guy at the front desk said it wasn't strong enough for streaming video so I passed. The dog walk area was very small and filthy. The mattress was hard, pillows were super flat. The walls were thin and so was the ceiling. I heard footsteps above and the yipping dog next door. Bath towels were worn and no longer white. A very poor Motel 6. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The only good thing about this motel was the big shower.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Klfbooks
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I really liked the location. I was told it was the newer part of Rock, around the mountain.. I found a Golden Coral to pig out and a car wash to clean the car a bit...also a Starbucks on the hill...........Wood floors, hot water, clean towels and a decent bed.

The room was OK and for a price of $44, it really did the trick.........I used a CorporatePlus/ID Number: CP546071 through an internet search!

Room Tip: Good stop for the money......Nobody reviews the truth like me!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Foodcritic11_11_11
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The room appeared clean enough so I unloaded all of our stuff from the car. My husband is fully disabled so there is A LOT of stuff. Once we were settled in our room we realized that the door won't even latch closed. I am exhausted & slide the bed down to block it. Made for a very sleepless night. Get up in the morning 7 my husband brushes his teeth. When he went to rinse his mouth it was SCOLDING hot. Now we haven't slept & my fully disabled & terminally ill husband has blisters in his mouth which probably means a trip to the hospital. No matter which way you turned the bathroom knob it is scalding.. I should have moved to a different room last night but I was to tired to pack back up, move rooms & unpack again..

Room Tip: Run away & save yourself a visit to the ER
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mprther35
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Corporate ran facility.. always ask... there are some really disgusting franchises out there ran by the Patels. Not remodeled yet but no carpet which I prefer. Makes for a cleaner feel to the room. As far as needing a roof, bed, and bath ....it was clean and comfortable for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012