“It's a Motel 6”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Panama City, Panama
“It's a Motel 6”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Good value... It's a Motel 6... you pretty much know what you are going to get. The rooms don't change and they are usually clean and they do get remodeled every few years. Looks as though this one had recently been updated and I had a fridge and microwave in the room. Staff was helpful and friendly...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
south dakota
Reviewed July 2, 2011

good am coffee, friendly staff, bare bones but all you really need...liked the laminate flooring...so much more sanitary than the usuall dingy carpeting in hotels.

Room Tip: book on the motel6 website for best $
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
St. George, Utah
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I had been driving 12 hours all night on a business trip, on my way back from north of Rock Springs. So I was TIRED. Stopped at several motels in Rock Springs area before Motel 6, only to find they were all sold out. So, Motel 6 was my last option. I went to the front desk, and the staff seemed friendly enough, so I thought it might be okay. I asked if they had rooms and they said they only had a smoking room available but it was too early to check-in. Granted, it's 8:30AM...but really? It's a MOTEL! A high class 5 star resort, I can understand check-in times. But a traveler's lodge should be "if we have a room, you can check in". Isn't their motto "we'll leave the light on for you"? I guess if the sun's up, the light's off. I gave her a sob story about how I'd been driving for 12 hours and needed to sleep an hour ago. She decided she could "let it slide this time" and get me into a room. Then she wanted to chit-chat, which is nice, but I was clearly ready to pass out and NOT in the mood to talk, so I just walked away from her after getting my key. I walked down their exterior corridors to my room on the 2nd floor, opened the door, and FLASHBACK to my dorm days! No, wait, my dorm was better. This room had two double beds with flashy spacey blue bedspreads (with colors so loud they don't instill a calm, restful feeling), a 13" boxy TV (I'm surprised it wasn't a black and white turn-dial with an antenna), a phone, "wood" floors, a cheap wall-desk and a lamp. No alarm clock. No radio. No shampoo. A small bar of soap and a shower that when you walked in felt like you were stepping into a time capsule or teleporting device (which matched the theme of the room). But I was there to sleep. So I got in bed and the pillows were somewhat comfortable, other than the fact that one was extremely too fluffy and the other entirely too flat. The mattress, however, was not comfortable. Very springy. I've slept on rollaway beds that were more comfortable. And since there was no alarm clock, I had to move the night stand to access the outlet to plug in my phone to use it as an alarm. I tossed and turned for 4 hours, catching a couple cat naps in between the sun shining through the curtains (that did a horrible job of blocking out light), housekeepers rolling their carts up and down the concrete hall, and people playing in the pool right below my room, before finally giving up and rising to continue my drive home. When I "woke up" I wanted to check my driving route online, but had to pay if I wanted to access their WiFi. Given the extremely cheap quality of the room, you'd think they could offer free WiFi, especially for what they save on not buying shampoo. I paid about $49 for the room with the "trucker rate", which was way too much for this room. I'd have gladly paid $10 more for a room elsewhere (had there been one available) and gotten an alarm clock, shampoo, and a more comfortable bed. Next time I drive through Rock Springs and think I'll be trying to sleep there, I'll have to remember to call ahead and make reservations elsewhere so I don't have to resort to Motel 666!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank DarrenW_me

Travelers are raving about these Rock Springs hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I dont remember much about the motel other than the fact that our room had lanolium flooring which is the first time I have ever come across that in a hotel bedroom. The most memorable aspect of the motel was the smell in our room. It was a cross between old lady perfume (no offense to any older ladies), and stale urine. Not too many choices for food nearby either.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank CourTree1
m60395, General Manager at Motel 6 Rock Springs, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
We strive to offer our guests a clean, comfortable and safe room throughout all of our properties and we are deeply sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at Motel 6 - Rock Springs.
South Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed November 5, 2010

pros:
good service
average priced
convenience store(next door) restaurants(I would drive there if I were you,too much construction at intersection)

cons:
room smelled strange when we walked in
shifty characters blaring rap music two rooms down
just plain didn't like it here
if you can help it,go to Green River instead of this place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arwen_Windwalker
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we hope to welcome you in our motel at a future date.
Munich
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Overall it was ok for a night. But I would not like to stay there for longer. The facility was not very much up to date. Also the location is not so nice. It was a bit loud during the night.
The cleanness could be better. The Wifi (cost 2,99$) was a bit poor.
The connection to the freeway was ok, easy to reach.
Next time I will check maybe for an alternative.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank defMunichCanyonRider
USA
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Joe here, not your average, ordinary Joe at all, but moving from Mississippi to Oregon, stopping here for the night. Was going to make a reservation the night before, but the guy that answered the phone wasnt understanding a simple question like, "Do I need to make a reservation or will you have rooms available when I get there?". Wifi costs extra, asked for a bottom floor non-smoking room, had to settle with a 2nd floor room on the back, which was fine, I can look out the window to see my 14 ft. Uhaul and Trailblazer on the tow trailer. Getting to the motel was kinda confusing, had to make 2 right turns but they are doing construction so its kind of a headache. Pet friendly, most of the Motel 6's I have been to on this trip accept my half chow/half husky. The room is rather small, two beds against the walls, no mirco/fridge. TV is okay, room is cooling off now I have been here for about an hour. Other than that bathroom looks fine to me. Drew some cold water for Pluto to have water for the night. No problem there. IF you are driving thru, its a okay place. Nothing special from the other Motel 6's I have been to in the past.

Joebaby