“Family trip”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Meridian, Idaho
“Family trip”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the super 8 in rock springs, this the second time. Both times we stayed we were impressed with the quality of the hotel.
My wife is very picky and she really liked the stay.
The rooms have new carpets and bedding and the staff was friendly when we checked in.
The hotel is close to the interstate and a walmart. Good hotel at the rate..

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We read the reviews and it didnt look good but we went in and my wife checked it out. Our room was nice, clean and the beds were nice. Dislike was the breakfast wasnt much...U may just wanna check the rooms before you decide to stay. This is what we do when were traveling.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Refused a room... Even though it was paid for on Orbitz!! Absolutely unbelievable...but true. Upon trying to check in the room rate was higher than on Orbitz. We were told to book on orbitz then. We did just that, while standing at the front desk. When we tried to check in after completely the online booking, the woman refused to give us a room. She stated that she had just given the last room with that rate to another person. When I said fine, we will take a different room, she said that they were more expensive. I am absolutely appalled!! We did not stay here...and are now trying to get a refund from Orbitz!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rcandja
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I got into Rock Springs around 10:00 on a Friday and already had a reservation set. I told the desk clerk that we had a reservation and it was like it was the end of the world. She rolled her eyes at me and told me it would be just a minute. The funny thing was she really wasn't doing anything and nobody else was waiting. She then mumbled through the her little talk and gave me my room key. We got one because they were out of room keys. I got the last one that the hotel had. Pretty sad.

Our room was nice and had some really cool pictures of a running stream with slow shutter speed camera. The beds were really low to the ground and did not fit the head boards that they had ordered for the room. There was probably 6 to 8 inches between the top of the bed and the bottom of the head board. They also don't have 2 sheets on each bed. They had the loose sheet that was tucked in and not meant to sleep under, but they didn't have a fitted sheet. Now that I am thinking about it. We slept under a comforter that can't be washed and who knows what has go on under that comforter... disgusting.

The only good thing about the hotel was that it did have a morning breakfast that was enough to get me to lunch.

As we checked out, there was another desk clerk there that was also very grumpy. She wanted nothing to do with the customers or helping anybody for that matter. My wife mentioned that she basically yelled at her to get out of the way while she was at breakfast and getting a yogurt out of the ice bowl. Evidently, she wanted to put more yogurt in the bowl and though my wife should let her go, before my wife who had gotten there first. She also seemed very disgusted that I wanted a receipt when I checked out. Sorry, I like to keep my finances in check.

Without a doubt the biggest waste of $110 dollars that I have ever spent. We should have camped somewhere instead.

Room Tip: There isn't one.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Husker_0913
Arcadia, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Came in at 9 at night after a long day driving. Paid $95 for a two queen room. Beds were nice, only two pillows per bed but nice ones. Bed was clean and the room had new carpet. And them the bathroom. There was a ring in the plastic (ick) tub and the corners of the bathroom were caked with hair and dirt. The bathroom door is worn and not easy to close. Also housekeeping knocked at least 5 times while we were getting ready and the manager came by at 11:04 to tell us checkout was at 11. We were in the process if leaving when this happened. Only gave them a three due to new carpet and nice bedding.

Stayed July 2014
Sheridan, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I made a reservation at this hotel on Friday 7/11/14, and found another hotel in Rock Springs with better ratings and a lower rate, so we cancelled the reservation that same day. A few days later, we discovered an almost $120 charge on our account from Super 8 Rock Springs! We cancelled the reservation, so we were confused at the charge! Further, the charge was placed then taken off, then charged again! After repeatedly getting the go-around and not getting called back, we called corporate who said they would try to find a solution if the hotel itself couldn't. Finally, we learned the on-duty manager hadn't received the message and found us under a "no-show" which meant that the owner would probably not refund the money.

We learned the owner Sanjay Patel said he would not refund the money. After a long conversation with the on-duty manager Tanya, I learned that this Super 8 allows it's employees to make mistakes (which could have been easily amended) at the customers expense. Tanya even admitted that this was the case and that it wouldn't be the first time an issue was taken to corporate with this hotel. We understand that mistakes happen, just fix them and don't make the customer pay for the mistake-or have to take the problem to corporate and review sites.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family