“I guess I'm an inconvenience”

Super 8 Rock Springs
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Big Lake, Minnesota
“I guess I'm an inconvenience”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I got into Rock Springs around 10:00 on a Friday and already had a reservation set. I told the desk clerk that we had a reservation and it was like it was the end of the world. She rolled her eyes at me and told me it would be just a minute. The funny thing was she really wasn't doing anything and nobody else was waiting. She then mumbled through the her little talk and gave me my room key. We got one because they were out of room keys. I got the last one that the hotel had. Pretty sad.

Our room was nice and had some really cool pictures of a running stream with slow shutter speed camera. The beds were really low to the ground and did not fit the head boards that they had ordered for the room. There was probably 6 to 8 inches between the top of the bed and the bottom of the head board. They also don't have 2 sheets on each bed. They had the loose sheet that was tucked in and not meant to sleep under, but they didn't have a fitted sheet. Now that I am thinking about it. We slept under a comforter that can't be washed and who knows what has go on under that comforter... disgusting.

The only good thing about the hotel was that it did have a morning breakfast that was enough to get me to lunch.

As we checked out, there was another desk clerk there that was also very grumpy. She wanted nothing to do with the customers or helping anybody for that matter. My wife mentioned that she basically yelled at her to get out of the way while she was at breakfast and getting a yogurt out of the ice bowl. Evidently, she wanted to put more yogurt in the bowl and though my wife should let her go, before my wife who had gotten there first. She also seemed very disgusted that I wanted a receipt when I checked out. Sorry, I like to keep my finances in check.

Without a doubt the biggest waste of $110 dollars that I have ever spent. We should have camped somewhere instead.

Room Tip: There isn't one.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Husker_0913

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Arcadia, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Came in at 9 at night after a long day driving. Paid $95 for a two queen room. Beds were nice, only two pillows per bed but nice ones. Bed was clean and the room had new carpet. And them the bathroom. There was a ring in the plastic (ick) tub and the corners of the bathroom were caked with hair and dirt. The bathroom door is worn and not easy to close. Also housekeeping knocked at least 5 times while we were getting ready and the manager came by at 11:04 to tell us checkout was at 11. We were in the process if leaving when this happened. Only gave them a three due to new carpet and nice bedding.

Stayed July 2014
Sheridan, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I made a reservation at this hotel on Friday 7/11/14, and found another hotel in Rock Springs with better ratings and a lower rate, so we cancelled the reservation that same day. A few days later, we discovered an almost $120 charge on our account from Super 8 Rock Springs! We cancelled the reservation, so we were confused at the charge! Further, the charge was placed then taken off, then charged again! After repeatedly getting the go-around and not getting called back, we called corporate who said they would try to find a solution if the hotel itself couldn't. Finally, we learned the on-duty manager hadn't received the message and found us under a "no-show" which meant that the owner would probably not refund the money.

We learned the owner Sanjay Patel said he would not refund the money. After a long conversation with the on-duty manager Tanya, I learned that this Super 8 allows it's employees to make mistakes (which could have been easily amended) at the customers expense. Tanya even admitted that this was the case and that it wouldn't be the first time an issue was taken to corporate with this hotel. We understand that mistakes happen, just fix them and don't make the customer pay for the mistake-or have to take the problem to corporate and review sites.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brittany B
Ottumwa, Iowa
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Super 8 when on July 3, 2014 after our plans changed on a road trip. We called ahead to the front desk around 3pm and made a reservation for the night and when we arrived at the motel around 7, the front desk couldn’t find our reservation, but they had plenty of rooms. Our concern was that we might be billed for the reservation we had made over the phone.
They charge for safe that we did not want, although they did not quote this in their rate, they add it to your bill and then you have to tell them to take it off. Another hassle so they can get another $1.50 profit. As reported in the reviews of Jan 28, 2014 and July 27, 2013 our sheets would not tuck in and I woke up in the middle of the night sleeping directly on the mattress. We had and king bed and I suspect they only have queen sheets. When I checked out I mentioned this to the front desk, the person was indifferent to the comments and it was as if they hear this lot.
When we went down for breakfast at 8:15 they were out of coffee cups and napkins, had two spoons left and one cinnamon roll. We over heard the man at the next table ask a staff member for a spoon and she said,”I’ll be right back with one”. The man waited ten minutes and then went out to his car to retrieve a spoon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Florissant, Missouri
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel was very nice and clean. I didn't particularly like the setup of the room. The sink was right in front of the door, which is ok. But the bathroom was acroos the room and down. The room was in a 7 shape. I think they should be more together. The bed was so so. Wasn't real comfy but wasn't bad either. We were late for breakfast so I can't comment on what they had. The desk people were very nice, inparticularly the girl working the night shift. We would probably stay again because the price was good and it was clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here on our way back home. We were able to check in fairly quickly even without reservations. The front desk lady was helpful but needed some help from the manager. The room was clean and presentable. The bed was in good shape and the pillows seemed newer. This is one of the better Super 8 motels. Breakfast was disappointing but then I didn't expect much either.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Smiley451
Henderson
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I don't even know where to start. There is no elevator.. NO ELEVATOR... and I would never have booked there had I known that. Did not read that on any website. The room we were given smelled so thickly of smoke it made me sick... stuck in my throat... right after I had signed paperwork that we wouldn't smoke... we are NON SMOKERS... so I turned air on full blast... opened window... and got on my expedia ap to find a new room in Rock Springs. My husband said since it was only one night we would stick it out. Modt likely the worst room I have ever had to sleep in. The furniture is run down... one of our chairs was horribly stained... snd an iron burn imprinted on it. No washclothes... used toiletries left on ledge in shower... so very disappointed. This is the third Super 8 we have stayed in this trip through Wyoming and they seem to br getting worse with each stop. We are fans of Super 8... but not in Wyoming...

• Stayed June 2014