“Sushi in Rock Springs!!”
Review of Bonsai

Bonsai
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Rock Springs
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The sushi was wonderful...very friendly staff and the restaurant is spotless...we ate there 4 times in 13 days...

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We ate dinner here and enjoyed the teriyaki salmon (thanks to others for recommending that, my favorite), a noodle dish with black bean sauce and BBQ pork with Chinese veggies. This was for two adults and two elementary age kids. We had enough food leftover to make another meal. Also tried the hot and sour soup which was nice and spicy. All in all a great surprise to find such good Asian in Rock Springs.

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to Bonsai the last two or three summers when I visit family in Rock Springs. Coming from the Northwest, you wouldn't think a place like Rock Springs would have quality sushi but it doesn't disappoint. The Rock Springs crunch I had today was outstanding and the previous sushi and sashimi has always been good. They have excellent egg drop soup and their lo mein is outstanding. The portion sizes are generally large. I highly recommend Bonsai if you are nearby.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Excellent-quality sushi, especially for desert location. Salmon teriyaki very tasty. Excellent lunch boxes...great value. Service prompt and friendly.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were greeted immediately at the door and shown our seats. We weren't given water or menus or anything. I finally told the family that if the waitress wasn't over to at least bring us menus in the next two minutes, then we were leaving. We had already sat there for over five! Finally one of the girls made eye contact with me and said "oh!" and ran the opposite direction, grabbed menus, came right back to us and promptly went to get our drinks. They were very attentive to us until our food was served. Then it was back to what appeared to be business as usual and we had to flag them down two more times for drink refills.

The food was very good. Thank goodness. Our boys had tempura, sushi and teriyaki salmon - and loved everything. I had chicken with garlic which was amazing. The hubby had General Tsaos chicken and said that it was very good. So no complaints from any of us as far as the food goes. If there was a complaint it would be that the egg rolls were more like spring rolls. Very small and not much in them.

Would we eat there again? Absolutely, but I wouldn't EVER go there again if I was in a hurry.