“I also wanted to leave after 45 minutes...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Rock Springs

Days Inn Rock Springs
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Grand Junction, Colorado
“I also wanted to leave after 45 minutes...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

There were dead moths in the clear packet adheared to the back of the hotel door. (Inside) The curtains were dirty with white paint, I skipped a shower, the bottom of the tub had a darker stain in it. The moldings were badly chipped. The bed pillows were hard, and the bed was "yuck"...cigarette burns in the blanket. I slept with my sweatshirt over my pillow and my slacks on. I wanted to leave but it was late, needless to say I needed another nite for my trip and checked out the next morning. It was truly a disgusting place to stay & overall dirty! I did not like the glass window over the door either, never felt safe!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Barbara D
Days Inn R, General Manager at Days Inn Rock Springs, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am addressing the issues that you mentioned in your review. Please contact me directly to discuss your stay (307)362-5646. Sincerely, Heidi Harvey General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Ran the water for 20 minutes and it never got hot. I had to reach inside the toilet tank and lift the float to keep it from running. Toilet lid had a hunk out of it. After 45min the room was still 50 degrees. This place should be torn down or charge by the hour. They gave us a refund. The mattress was ancient. Will not stay here again. Why won't the ownership take pride in their property?
I'd be embarrassed to admit I owned the place if it was mine.

Room Tip: Warning- do not stay here!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank todavis
Days Inn R, General Manager at Days Inn Rock Springs, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. I am very sorry about the issues you had when staying at our hotel. I am addressing the issues you mentioned. Please feel free to contact me directly about your stay (307)362-5646. Sincerely, Heidi Harvey General Manager
Vincentown, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Other hotels in town were booked. We were very tired and ready for bed. So we settled on this hotel. Worst idea ever! Room was dirty. I was scared to shower because it was so filthy. The carpet was bubbling up. Some of the towles had stains on them. The central a/c was not on yet and I was afraid to leave any windows open due to safety concerns. And light shined in all night long through the window above the front door. Yes, it did include breakfast. But the lobby was so uncoordinated, breakfast was laid out in 3 areas. The lobby was not clean, so the last thing I wanted to do was eat there. Paid $50 for the government rate. $50 too much if you ask me. Stay very far away from this motel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Days Inn R, General Manager at Days Inn Rock Springs, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on the Days Inn. I am sorry about your stay. Please contact me directly to discuss your stay with me. (307)362-5646 Sincerely, Heidi Harvey
Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My room had a smell to it and to have privacy you had to have the curtain in front of the air conditioning. The smell seemed to be coming from the sink and I found a wash rag on one bed. I did not have a warm feeling the place was clean but I was sort of trapped there and was tired. I called one particular observation to the mangements attention on check out, but left feeling they did not care.

If your situation forces you to stay here, I suggest avoiding at least building C, it needs to be remodeled in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Days Inn R, General Manager at Days Inn Rock Springs, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for writing in about your experience about your stay at our hotel. I am looking into the issues you described. Please feel free to contact me directly about your stay (307)362-5646 Heidi Harvey General Manager.