“Below average motel”

Days Inn Rock Springs
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Rock Springs
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

This motel was one we stayed at after a 14 hour drive between San Francisco and Omaha. I would only stay under these circumstances..tired not really caring about anything but bed. Bathrooms badly outdated and scummy. Loud, woke up several times during night from traffic outside. Beds were clean and fairly comfy. Staff was friendly, free cookies and breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank A_from_Midtown
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to wrtie a review of the Days Inn Rock Springs. I am addressing the issues you mentioned in your review of the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss any concerns you have. (307)362-5646 Sincerely, Heidi Harvey General Manager.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Not only is this the worst Days Inn I have ever seen, it is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The first room was filthy (carpet not vacuumed, Kleenex on floor, trash not taken out). Was moved to a second room and was only slightly better. I knew it was the only room left in town so I stuck it out. Was told that they pay housekeeping $4 per room and not by the hour so they do the bare minimum and it shows. If it was not so hard to find rooms in this town, this hotel would have been out of business a very long time ago.

Room Tip: If you need internet access get a room close to the front desk. Rooms in the back have limited if a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob G
Days Inn R, General Manager at Days Inn Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

I am very sorry about your stay at the Days Inn Rock Springs, Wyoming. I am addressing the issues you have mentioned in your review. I did refund you for your stay. You can contact me directly to discuss your stay. (307)362-5646 Heidi Harvey General Manager.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travel to Rock Springs quite often and my usual hotel was full so I had to find another room. I was worried after reading the review on this hotel, but I found my stay was very nice. Heidi the Manager was working when I arrived and was very friendly and helpful. My room was nice, yes it is a older hotel, but it was clean and everything worked great. The breakfast in the morning had a wide variety of items including bacon and boiled eggs.
The next time I am in town, I will stay here again. It is a lot cheaper and just and nice as the other hotel I used to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Loralee T

Thank you so much for staying at the Days Inn in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Thank you for the nice review. Please use us in the future for your hotel needs. Heidi Harvey General Manager

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Was concered about the past reviews, but the price was right. the girl that checked us in was very nice and friendly

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Days Inn R, General Manager at Days Inn Rock Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for your time in writing a review on the trip advisor site. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I wil never stay at this Days Inn again. The service wasn't bad, not the best either, the room was dingy, the bedding (not sheets) looked like it was in serious need of a wash, not to mention the couch. The room was drafty and the internet connection was virtually non exist. There was a light shining through the top of the door all night long with no means of either turning it off or a curtain to black out the light. The faucets did not close properly and I had to get my husband to turn them off, with major difficulty, otherwise they continued running. The worst of everything was that the room we were in, 305, was opposite a bar and grill and at 4am the music was blaring from this venue, and this was on a Thursday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We thought it was someone in the Inn playing music but not so! We got up, packed up our things and headed back on the road at 4.30 in the morning.
For $75.00 a night I feel this was a complete rip off as we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for $15.00 more and it was like a shack compared to a palace.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MyViews_11

I am sorry about your stay at the Days Inn in Rock Springs. We are addressing the issues you mentioned. Thank you for the time to fill out a reveiw on trip advisor.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

We stayed in this motel for just 1 night en route to Jackson Hole from Denver. The motel is adequate for a one night stay but it is need of a renovation. The door to our room was ill fitting and all the decor appeared well worn. The bed was ok. and the shower worked well. The breakfast was surprisingly good with hard boiled eggs, bacon and a good selection of other foods. However once the food in the self service area was depleted, no one refilled the dishes, so that late comers to breakfast had a poor selection. We managed to obtain Wi-Fi in our room and I would stay here again if I wanted a one night stop, but it could so easily be made into a nice motel if it had some money spent on it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

I am sorry about your stay at the Days Inn in Rock Springs, Wyoming. We have been working hard on addressing the issues you have mentioned. Thank you for filling out a review on trip advisor.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I feel ripped off. We were charged $75 for a room that wasn't worth $40.

The biggest problem for me was that our room couldn''t be darkened. There is a window above the door (a few clear plastic slats with no screen) that has no curtain, and there's a porch light that can't be turned off right next to that window. So the room was just really bright, and there was nothing to be done about it. The traffic noise was also surprisingly loud. When we arrived, the slats above the door were open, so the noise was incredible, and moths were swarming in. After climbing up on a chair and closing the slats, the noise was reduced, and the moths were stopped. Still, whose bright idea was it to open the damn thing? Or to put a window there at all? The room wasn't filthy, but it wasn't clean. There were long hairs on the back of the toilet, and I hated flushing because the lever was sticky. YUCK. What really got me was that at the top of the stairs leading to my room there was a big wet patch, an overturned bucket, a hose, and several wastebaskets. Given the nature of the wet patch, it looked to me like someone started cleaning up some vomit then gave up. It was all still there when we left in the morning. YUCK.

Breakfast was fine: cold cereals, oatmeal, apples and oranges, toast & bagels, plus make-your-own waffles. They also offered two free newspapers: USA Today and the local county paper. That was a nice touch. I noticed that there are coin-operated washers and dryers, so that might be convenient.

This motel has a few different buildings, and we stayed in the main building (the one attached to the lobby). It could be that the others are better. I won't be coming back to find out, though.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building, attached to the lobby, are very unpleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dogfire

I am so sorry about your stay at the Days Inn in Rock Springs, Wyoming. We have been working on the lighting issues at the property and other important items. Thank you for filling out a review on trip advisor for us to let us know where improvements are needed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Springs
#14 of 17 in Rock Springs
Travelodge Green River
Travelodge Green River
#2 of 6 in Green River

Been to Days Inn Rock Springs? Share your experiences!