“For safety sake, the shower needs a mat!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
“For safety sake, the shower needs a mat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay. The front desk service was prompt and courteous. The location was ideal for our needs. The room was clean, quiet, spacious and comfortable. Everything was a cut above our usual HIE experience which has always been good. The breakfast attendant (Theresa) was informative and delightful and we would again like to extend our thanks and appreciation.

My only complaint would be similar to what I read in a recent review. In lieu of a bathtub, there was a wonderful and spacious shower with controls that were easy to use. (Does anyone else encounter problems with that where you either scald or freeze yourself after a minor adjustment?) Anyway, I slipped and nearly fell both times I showered. A simple rubber safety mat would solve the problem.

Secondly, WiFi is free but flits away like a flea. It seemed whenever my smart phone went to auto-close, I got the log-in screen again .... and again....and again. And the password changes daily. A minor annoyance to be sure, but really easy to fix.

Thanks again!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Bbarre
tgreenWyoming, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that the shower was slippery. We do have some shower mats available at the front desk for guest use. I was very glad to hear the rest of your stay was enjoyable. I agree that Theresa is a wonderful. We are very lucky to have both of our breakfast hostesses.
Thank you!
Trish Green, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Front Desk Staff and Housekeeping are friendly, helpful and responsive to needs of their guests. The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are the nicest of any hotel chain (I LOVE their shower). The refrigerator and microwave make traveling for a busy work week easier
The beds are pretty firm, I wake up aching frequently.
The most significant problem is that the carpets are filthy. I wore white socks in the room for about 10 minutes (probably less) and it looked like I had been walking outside. Yuk. I wore socks or shoes the remainder of the visit and came home with a big pile of really dirty socks from the carpets. It doesn't appear carpets get vacuumed along the wall behind/under furniture either. If I stay here again I will take flip flops - barefoot is NOT an option here.
The carpets need a major overhaul or replaced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank FDA61
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently in the process of deep cleaning all of our room, which includes shampooing the carpets. I would really like to know which room you stayed in so I can move it to the top of the list. Could you email me at trishg@sweetwaterhsa.com?
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Free breakfast - stay away from eggs (yuk) - rooms are clean - although walls are thin (you can here next person snoring or blowing their nose) -

If next time I find myself at gunpoint and I am in the underworld called rock springs, I will surely stop by for coffee and then head out back for a local hanging

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DrtimothyCarroll
tgreenWyoming, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. Sorry that you did not like the eggs. I am glad your room was clean. My housekeeping staff will be very happy. It sounds like you do not want to return to Rock Springs, but if you ever find yourself in the area again, please stop in and say hi.

Sincerly,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had not made a reservation to stay here but were able to get a room for the night. This was the start of our Flaming Gorge Trip.

The room we had was large, had a microwave and small refrigerator, which was great since we had a cooler with us. The bed was comfortable so we slept well. Plenty of towels and amenities in the bath.

The complimentary breakfast wasn't large but had some variety. The staff we met in the dining area was friendly and efficient.

In all - a good choice for the night's stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deb T
tgreenWyoming, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you very much for you review. I am very glad you enjoyed your large room. The fridges and microwaves in every room are an amenity we are very glad we added. We try to have a little of everything at breakfast since so many people have different dietary needs. I was very happy that the breakfast host was friendly. She is a joy to have at our property. I hope you enjoyed the Flaming Gorge. It is one of my families favorites as well. We spend many weekends there in the summer.

denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stay at this holiday inn routinely for business travel. The rooms are clean and breakfast is standard holiday inn fare. it is close to the highway, but far enough noise is not an issue. There are some noise issues with running water from ajoining rooms, but not bad if you have the AC fan running.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mauiwaves
tgreenWyoming, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to hear that you stay with us often. I am sorry that you can sometimes hear water running in adjoining rooms, but again glad that there is a way to cope with it. We appreciate your business and will see you again when you are in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Room was nice and clean. Check-in service was below average. Breakfast had the sausage and powdered eggs, could be better for the price. We stay at HIE on most of our travels, this one was average at best. First impressions are important, the clerk was less than impressive.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
tgreenWyoming, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that the room was nice and clean. I am sorry that the check in was not exceptional. That is our goal with every guest. I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the area.

Trish Green,GM
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The rooms are very good and very clean, but this property is over priced; you can get a suite at many locations for what I paid here and getting a discount if Priority Club failed to offer you AAA or Senior is almost impossible after the fact. I suggest calling them direct or booking online. I do usually try to avoid Rock Springs, but this year I had to stay here twice. The clerk was nice and checkpout was fast.

Room Tip: As with most Holiday Inn Express Locations, getting a bad room would be a rare.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Phototraveler10
Thank you for your review. Priority Club is an awesome frequent stay program that awards guests points for every dollar they spend in a hotel which can be used for a number of items from free rooms to a personal shopper that will find any item you are looking for and assign it a point value. We do not offer guests discounts for programs that require memberships such as AAA. AAA feels offering these to non members devalues their program. We do honor a discount for AAA membership as well as AARP with membership cards. I am very glad that the front desk agent was nice and also that you had a quick check out. I know you wrote that you try to avoid Rock Springs, but if you ever find yourself here again, I hope you stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Springs
La Quinta Inn Rock Springs
#8 of 16 in Rock Springs
3.5 of 5 stars 341 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River? Share your experiences!